there are 6 ways you can start a group discussion
(1) by saying a quote: the quote for example, suppose the topic of group discussion is no marriage or arranged marriage . you can start something like this when I saw you I fell in love and you smiled, because you knew it William Shakespeare, friends today’s topic is no marriage or arranged marriage. I would like to request everyone to contribute in this group discussion and express your views so that we can make this discussion a success so let’s begin.
(2) by telling the definition of the topic: a for example suppose the topic is GST you can first define it by saying, friends GST means goods and services tax. Paid by customers for the goods and services they used, these taxes are paid to services providers who in turn remit it to the government. Friends what did you say about GST, put down your opinions and views.
(3) providing facts, figures and statistics: for example the topic of discussion are suicides farmers, you can say friends please login XYZ government website. and see that about seven hundred farmers committed suicide from January till March, that is in the first three months of 2018. The problems are becoming more serious, our farmers are dying of suicides, what are the reasons for that. Friends I request your contribution in these discussion.
(4) By asking questions: you have to ask the question to the group, and you have to answer the question. example the topic of group discussion is war, you can ask by saying friends how may wars do we fought with Iraq?, four consecutive wars that resulted to nothing else but destruction, friends should we continue in war? These is very importance topic please put down your views,
(5) leaving a shocking statement: for example in the topic for group discussion you can start something like friends unfortunately, Ghana is becoming the great capital of the world, do we want this image of our country? dear friends the topic of the group discussion is very serious women safety in Thailand. I would like to request everyone to put their views in.
Content created and supplied by: Servicepro (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More