A life ruined by gambling is not a great life. You'll have a lot of pieces to pick up. It will take time from you, as well as money, in addition to robbing you of all the joy that you have in your life.
Gambling addiction is a horrible silent addiction that can be progressively worse. If you or someone you love has a gambling problem, an effort to stop gambling must start as early as possible. Severe gambling problem is usually progressive, and can become worse over time if not stop. Slots gambling addiction, pokies, videos lottery terminals and other forms of gambling like sports betting are usually the worse form of gambling. Many can become addicted over a short period of time and the financial losses can be devastating to say at least.
Gambling addiction can affect the gambler and his or her family in many ways. This addiction causes social problems, emotional problems, psychological problems, occasional problems, family problems and cause of financial devastation.
Here are 5 reasons why gambling addiction can ruin your life and why you should stop gambling now.
1. Gambling addiction can cause you to lose your friends and family easily. Many divorces are caused by gambling addiction and result from untreated addiction. A gambling problem creates tremendous social isolation since gambling seems to become the most important thing.
2. An untreated and severe gambling problem can cause the worse anxiety and depression which leads to an incredible sense of despair. This despair can lead to gambling related suicides which are not uncommon. Gambling addiction has the highest suicide rate of all addictions, hands down.
3. This addiction can cause a lack of functioning in all areas of life, including work. Many people have lost their jobs as a result of gambling problem. This can compound the financial devastation already experienced from the addiction itself.
4. Compulsive gambling can become all encompassing. The physical health of the gambler can deteriorate rapidly. If you're struggling with this addiction yourself, you may not be eating right, exercising, visiting a doctor or taking care of your own body. These physical problems can truly take a serious toll on health and the neglect of the body can result in very serious consequences.
5. Financial ruin is a direct result of this addiction and gambling debt can become so huge and insurmountable that bankruptcy seems to be the only option. Debts from gambling can also result in foreclosures, loss of saving, retirement accounts, and maxed out credit cards. The financial fallout of a gambling addiction can last long past the time that the addicttion stops.
These 5 reasons why untreated gambling disorders are just a few of the reasons why you or someone you love should stop gambling and return to a better, healthier way of life.
It's hoped that this article is helpful to you and that you'll do whatever it takes to get better. You will truly be happier when you stop gambling. You will have a better outlook, and more than anything, you will have hope again.
Please don't forget to like, comment and share. God bless you mightily.
Content created and supplied by: FuseiniTijani (via Opera News )