The notice gives 5 easy steps to "Claim your Ghana Education Service Occupational Pension Scheme Tier-2 benefits. According to the GES the following simple procedure can be used by all staff and retirees to access their benefits:
1. Obtain claims form from GLICO Pension/Union Office/GES District office for completion. Complete the form and add all required documents and submit them to the GES Supervisor (Headmaster, District or Circuit Supervisor or for TEWU, Human resource officer or Accountant/Senior staff) for endorsement. The GES receives endorsed form and returns them to member.
2. Submit endorsed form along with documents to Union office for onward submission to the GESOPS. Union office shall receive the documents and forward them to for further processing.
3. The Ghana Education Service Occupational Pension Scheme Secretariat will receive claim documents and review them for completeness and accuracy. The Secretariat will the claims documents to GLICO. GLICO will receive the documents and submit Benefits Requisition Slip to the GESOPS Secretariat for Authorization for payment.
4. The Ghana Education Service Occupational Pension Scheme Secretariat will take the Benefits Requisition Slip and issue Authorization note to the custodian to pay the beneficiary. Custodian will receive Authorization note, transfer benefits amount into beneficiary's account and issue Proof of Payment to GESOPS Secretariat.
5. GESOPS Secretariat will receive proof of payment and inform GLICO via email. GLICO Pension will also receive the email from the Secretariat and inform the beneficiary via SMS.
6. Details of contact numbers is provided below.
The GLICO Master Trust Ghana Education Service Occupational Pension Scheme (Tier 2) is established under section 1 of the National Pensions Act, 2008 (Act 766) for the managing the mandatory (5 percent) employee contributions for formal sector workers and has the main objective of providing lump sum benefits to participants on retirement of any employees of any employer who wishes to participate in the scheme and benefits of those employees on their death.
You can contact the GESOPS on
Content created and supplied by: Dolaw (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More