Whether or not the President can fulfill all the campaign promises before to the next election is left with time to tell.
A review of the week from 18th-22nd May, 2020, showed a number of remarkable achievements of the Nana Addo led government. Below are the verious accomplishment of the President in a week.
1. GHC1 billion Covid-19 Alleviation Scheme or Programme (CAP). The fund is to relieve small and medium businesses that were affected by the pandemic. It is expected to support about 180,000 SMEs.
2. GHC 500 million soft loan programme between the government and ADB Bank to fund poultry sector as part of efforts to end importation of poultry product by 2023.
3. GHC 263 billion legacy Dept owed ECG was cleared.
4. Primary reserve ratio for Deposit-Taking Institutions such as rural banks, microfinance, savings and loans has been reduced by 2 percent in order to release more cash support to their customers who need financial support during this critical time of Covid-19.
5. GHC 40 million paid towards scholarships for over 29,000 students in both government and private institutions.
6. National Financial Inclusion and Development Strategy. A Digital financial services roadmap policy was launched to deepen financial inclusion and increase digital payment.
7. 350 poultry farm in the Bono, Bono East, and Ahafo Regions were given 2000 day old broiler chicks under the Special Broiler Pilot Project under the rearing for food and jobs programme.
8. MMDCEs in 88 districts to secure 15 acre land for the construction of the District hospitals announced by the President.
9. Ghana record trade balance surplus of $936.4 million for the first quarter despite Covid-19.
10. Construction of 21km Asawinso 'A' to Nkronua road in Bibiani-Anhwaiso Bekwai Municipality has started.
Content created and supplied by: Dolaw (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More