Commissioner of Police (COP) George Akuffo Dampare (Ph.D.) has been named acting Inspector General of Police (IGP) with effect from August 1, 2021.
COP Dampare, 51, was the Director-General in charge of Administration at the Ghana Police Service before this current assignment. With about 30 years of active service, he ascended remarkably from the level of policeman to the current portfolio.
Here are 10 of his credentials and achievements:
1. He is the 4th Republic's youngest acting Inspector General.
2. Having succeeded the outgoing IGP as Senior Police Officer, he is the eighth youngest person to hold the position since Ghana's independence.
3. Upon completion of his training at the National Police Training School in 1991, he was named the overall Best Recruit.
4. He was named the overall Best Cadet for the 32nd Cadet Officers' Course at the Ghana Police Academy (previously Police College), and he received all honors, including Excellence in Professional Police Subjects and Excellence in Academic Subjects.
5. As a private candidate, he took and passed the GCE Ordinary and Advanced level examinations in 1989 and 1992, respectively.
6. At the age of 25, he became a Chartered Accountant.
7. He has a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in Finance and Management from King's College, University of London, as well as two Masters of Science degrees with distinction in Accounting & Finance from London South Bank University in the UK.
8. He has been the head (Director-General) of nearly every department in the Police Service.
9. He is credited with the concept that led to the establishment of the Armourer-office, General's which serves as the central point for accounting for arms and ammunition within the Ghana Police Service, as well as the Service Enquiry Monitoring Unit (SEMU), which is in charge of managing the GPS disciplinary system.
10. He is a devout Christian who is married with six children.
Content created and supplied by: News-Master (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More