*Rearing for Food and Jobs ( RFJ)*
Rearing for Food and Jobs (RFJ) is one of the modules of the government’s flagship agricultural program christened Planting for Food and Jobs (PFJ) running under *Dr. Owusu Afriyie Akoto*, Minister for Food and Agriculture.
The objective of the RFJ is to develop a competitive and more efficient livestock industry that increases domestic production of livestock, reduces importation of livestock products and contributes to employment and income generation to the benefit of the economy of the Country.
A. Implementation So Far
1. A total of 72,967 cockerels have been distributed to 729 small holder farmers across the 16 regions.
3. A total of 2,000 pigs have been distributed to 400 pig farmers in the Western North, Ashanti and Volta regions
4. A total of 43,183 day old chicks have been supplied to 25 poultry farmers
In order to promote gender parity and female empowerment, 30% of all the beneficiary farmers are female
B. Forecast for 2021
1. A total of 130,000 two weeks old guinea fowl/keets will be distributed to 260 commercial guinea fowl farmers.
2. A total of 144,000 pullets and 120 battery cages with 120 bird capacity will be distributed to 1,200 women small holder farmers selected from 6 regions.
3. A total of 18,000 pigs will be distributed to 2,000 pig farmers in the Western, Bono, Volta, Bono East, Ashanti, Greater Accra, Ahafo, Central and Eastern regions.
4. A total of 14,000 sheep and goats will be distributed to 1,400 beneficiary farmers selected from Northern, Savanna, Oti, North East, Upper West and Upper East regions.
5. A total of 5 million broilers day old chicks has been earmarked for production.
6. A total of 20,000 cockerels would be procured and brooded for 6 weeks for onward distribution.
In order to promote gender parity and female empowerment, 30%-40% of all the beneficiary farmers would be female
Content created and supplied by: Anumu (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More