Nigeria has an alarmingly high unemployment rate. Many young people today engage in criminal activity in order to make money, but there are still those who are looking for a legitimate career. There have been several accounts of people receiving false interview messages from kidnappers, ritualists, or serial killers posing as employers while looking for work.
Late Iniubong Umoren
Prior to her death, she had announced she was looking for a job on the 27th of April 2021.
Below are lessons we should learn from her death.
1. If you have to meet someone new, make sure that someone knows where you're going and who you're meeting. Leave a message with a family member or friend, explaining where you're going and, if possible, the name of the person you'll be meeting, as well as any other details you have.
2. If a job offers a lot of money for very little work, it could be a scammer or an abductor looking for your personal information. It might also be a serial killer or a ritualist.
3. If you receive an unexpected call or message inviting you to come in for a job interview without first submitting your resume to the company, make sure you ask questions. It might be a scam if the employer can't answer your questions or says things like "Your friend suggested you just come for our interview by 9am."
4. Is there a trustworthy website or expert reference for the company? Is the job you're looking for listed on their main career page as well? Find out what people have to say about the business by asking around.
5. Meet in a public place, let someone know where you're going, and bring your phone in case something goes wrong. Have faith in your intuition. If a work sounds too good to be true, it is most likely a scam.
Iniobong's story reveals the sad and terrifying reality that kidnappers, ritualists, and serial killers pose as employers on social media. Be sure to share this article with others in order to save someone's life.
What's your opinion on this? please drop your thoughts in the comment section below and don't forget to click on the follow button to get more content from us.
Please maintain social distance, wear your face masks, wash your hands regularly with sanitizer for prevention is better than cure
Content created and supplied by: Gistlord² (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More