President of the Republic of Ghana, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo confirmed Commissioner Of Police (COP) Doctor George Akuffo Dampare as the Inspector Of General Police (IGP). He is to take over from Mr. James Oppong-Boanuh who is from the statement from the presidency to embark on terminal leave with effect from August 1, 2021, pending his retirement from the police service on Thursday 7, October 2021.
COP Dampare was the Director General in charge of Administration at the Ghana police service. Since the news broke out most people would like to know some facts about the new Inspector Of General Police (IGP). Below are five credentials and achievements about Commissioner Of Police (COP) Dr George Dampare.
1) COP Dampare was the overall best recruit at the National Police Training School upon completion of his training in 1991.
2) Dr. Dampare emerged the overall best cadet for the 32nd Cadet Officers' Course at the Ghana police Academy, and won all awards including Excellence in Professional Police Subjects and Excellence in Academic Subjects.
3) He holds a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Finance and Management from King's College, University of London and two Masters of Science degrees distinction in Accounting and Finance from London, South Bank University, UK and Business Analysis and Design in the United Kingdom (UK).
4) Dr. Dompare has served as Head (Director General) of almost every department in the police service. He has been Director-General of Administration and Director General for Welfare twice. He served as Director-General for the MTTD, Director-General for Research and Planning, Director-General of operations, Director-General for National Petroleum Department, Director-General for Finance and Director-General for ICT.
5) He also credited with the idea that led to the establishment of the office of Armourer-General which serves as the central point for accounting for arms and ammunition within the Police Service.
PLEASE KINDLY LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW
DON'T FORGET TO LIKE COMMENT AND SHARE
Content created and supplied by: MartinezTV (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More