One of the questions that we cannot go to the exams all without meeting is letter writing. And mostly, there are two letters that are present. You may either meet informal letter and formal letter or friendly letter and formal letter.
This letter writing carries a lot of marks in the essay or theory aspect. In this article, we will try to discuss what must be included in informal letter.
· The sender’s address: The writer must write clearly his address for the purpose of reply and identification. The address is written at the top right corner of the paper.
· Date: the date you are writing the letter must also be captured.
· Receiver’s address: Here, the writer must write the address of the receiver. This will make your letter to be directed to the right designation. It is written below the sender’s address but at the left side.
· Salutation: the writer needs to write something in a form of a greeting. Here, you are writing to someone in a position higher than you. And hence, Dear Sir/Madam is advisable.
· Heading: Here, the heading should be written below the salutation and must be underlined. The heading should be in block letters or the initials of keywords of the heading been in block letters.
· Introduction: The introduction explains the content of the letter. It is in the introduction that you will tell the receiver why you are writing the letter.
· Body: The body contains the content of the letter. Here, there should be detailed information on the purpose of the letter. Each idea or purpose must be written in a paragraph and all must be consistent. They must explain the topic and the introduction.
· Conclusion: after explaining why you write your letter, there is the need for you to summarise your body to make up simpler form of what you want to pass to the receiver.
· Subscription: Here, you will be required to subscribe and the subscription most suitable for official or formal letter is “Yours Faithfully”.
· Name: After subscription, you need to write your name below at the right corner. Your name must be written in full and short forms are not needed.
· Signature: One of the important things forms the last part of the letter. You need to sign after your name. This should make the letter official and that you are the person who writes the letter since is your name there.
Content created and supplied by: Zakari123 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More