- Maturity means you begin to realize that you only need one lover in your life. You grow together, learn everything together, have kids together to extend your genes, mature together and perhaps, die together. The moment you start thinking of a new relationship, you’re basically starting again from square one. You become like a grade 1 pupil.
- Maturity is when you begin to appreciate other people’s opinions however stupid or lowly they may seem. Remember, in every junk, there’s at least 1% gold.
- Maturity is when you start learning to listen instead of speaking. Remember, people see you the way you see them. Think about it. Humans spend nearly 70% of their time speaking, 20% doing other activities, and about 10% listening. Imagine how much information you could get for free, just by listening.
- Maturity is when you begin to see pitfalls as temporary disruptions, challenges as your growth propellers, failures as successes and successes as potential failures.
- Maturity is when you begin to take calculated risks instead of gambling.
- Maturity is when you begin to remove the guesswork out of important decisions.
- Maturity is when you begin to learn when to say “No”.
- Maturity is when you start learning that it is better to leave bygones be bygones, forgive and forget and move on with your life. Life doesn’t travel backwards, therefore going backwards on life is like traveling a long distance in reverse gear.
- Maturity is when you awaken to the fact that it is wrong to pass judgement on another human being based on race, color, status, educational background, religion, age, creed, cultural norms, pride or prejudice.
- Maturity is when you begin to learn how to control your emotions. A person who cannot control his/her emotions is like a fortress whose walls have been broken, or a house without a door.
- Maturity is when you begin to realize that a good education only teaches you how to read and write. It's really up to you to begin educating yourself on matters that concern your life, including your well being, health, wealth, relationships, and money.
- Maturity is when you realize as you grow older, that there’s a disconnect between you and the younger generation. Basically, you are struggling to explain simple things to the younger generation, and the younger generation is also struggling to explain simple things to you. You then realize with shock that you must adjust yourself to become like a baby to make yourself understood by the younger generation.
Content created and supplied by: Yawkyeinews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More