Every African tribe and culture is beautiful, unique and important. No one culture is more important than the other. This only highlights tribes known outside the continent overall, this doesn't mean there aren't other cultures that aren't known.It is in no particular order.
1. Zulu (South Africa) - The Zulu tribe is popular outside Africa. They've been featured in music, documentaries and movies. Shaka the Zulu was a warrior king whose popularity is well spread. Famous Zulus includes Lucky Dube, Nasty C, Black Coffee.
2) Yoruba (Nigeria )- The Yorubas are globally known for their history, culture, art and literature. Fela, Wole Soyinka, Wizkid, Davido, Tiwa Savage, David Oyelowo, John Boyega, Anthony Joshua etc are a few Yorubas who have taken their culture to the world. The Yoruba culture has been featured in many Hollywood movies.
3) Masai ( Kenya) - The Masai are perhaps one of the most documented tribes in Africa, with alot of documentaries shown about them and books written about their culture.They are known for their traditional clothing and hunting skills
4) Hausa (Nigeria) - The Hausas are very popular. Often known as the Igbos of the North, The richest black man in the world Aliko Dangote is Hausa along with his brother from the same state Kano Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA). Hausa people are also found in various countries in Africa.
5) Igbo (Nigeria) - The Igbos are undeniably known world wide. Chinua Achebe wrote about the Igbo culture a lot. They are known for their history, culture and literature.They popularized the kola nut and palm wine through books, movies and music. Ckay, Flavour, Chimamanda, phyno, P-square are Igbos who have taken their culture to the world.
6) Swahili (Tanzania) - This tribe have phenomenal spread of their language in East Africa and a few central African nations. In the 70s, their language was part of the African-American black pride movement been pushed forward.
7) Edo/Bini (Nigeria)- The Binis are perhaps the culture in Africa with the most famous artworks outside Egypt. Binis are known for their history, culture and art/architecture.
The famous Benin bronze, ivory and brass artworks are known globally. The country Benin republic got their name from them. Benin art and culture have been featured in Hollywood movies including black panther. Many Nigerian cultures have roots in Benin. Popular Edos includes, Kamaru Usman, Rema, Odion, Jude Ighalo, Victor Osimhen, Dave, Sam Loco Efe.
8) Asante (Ghana) - This tribe are known for their history and rich culture. Their Kente clothes is perhaps the most popular African attire outside of Africa. The were also known to be masters of the gold craft in the olden days.
9. The Fulani - This nomadic tribes are known for their history and culture. They are predominantly in West Africa and are found in 18 African countries, most in Nigeria.Popular Fulanis or people with Fulani ancestry are Muhammadu and Aisha Buhari, Tafawa Balewa, Anthony Anderson, India Arie, Peter John Gomes etc.
10) The Dinkah Tribe (South Sudan): Dinka, also called Jieng, people who live in the savanna country surrounding the central swamps of the Nile basin primarily in South Sudan. They are recognized worldwide for their amazing tallness.
Content created and supplied by: Currentworldnews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More