It’s been 3 weeks in waiting as the much anticipated Self sim registration application is finally out. On July 31 many predicted that the Communications and Digitalization Minister, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful will extend the date for the registration. This was because many who wanted to register hasn’t first acquired their Ghana card. The Ghana card is the only form of identification to start the process of sim card registration.
In this vein, the minister extended the date and promised of the release of a self-registration app to reduce the queues at the registration centers. According to the minister, Ghanaians will have till the ending of September to register or lose their lines. Again customers who haven’t registered by August ending will lose certain privileges on their lines. It’s been weeks and the app is now out. These are some of the steps to note.
1.The app came out with only the android version. This means IOS users will have to wait.
2. A self-charge of 5 cedis will be deducted from your MoMo so you can be registered by the app
3. Without a Ghana card you can’t register
4. After opening the app, you first need to create an account before you can access the app. kindly enter your phone number.
5. Fill in your name, date of birth, gender, email, password and a pin for transactions. These details will create an account for you before you can access the app itself.
6. Another portal will open requesting for your network, unique code and number to make payment for the app
7. If you don’t have a unique code, dial *404# to generate one and use for point 6.
8. You will then be required to enter provide your Ghana card detail and your fingerprint sample taken.
9. Proceed on and confirm your details before paying for the self-registration.
Content created and supplied by: Still_Unbeatable (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More