As we all know, WhastApp has no official feature that lets you read deleted messages. This can only be done with the use of a third party app called WhatsRemoved+.
Mostly, while switching to a new smartphone, we tend to lose old WhatsApp chat, and that can be very dispiriting. Today, I'm going to discuss a simple way to restore WhatsApp chats no matter how old they are.
As We all know, WhatsApp backs up chats every day. For the unaware, WhatsApp by default creates a backup of all chats at 2AM in the morning, Unless you have changed the setting manually.
NB: If the daily backup is getting out of hand, you can always change the auto chat backup feature and select the option that is suitable for you. (i.e Daily, Monthly, Weekly, and OFF.) If you choose the OFF option, you will never be able to get access to old chats if switched to a new phone.
How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages
* first of all, you need to ensure that the chat backup option is set to Daily. This option makes the process smoother as it keeps data of your conversations on daily basis which makes recovery very easy
* When switching to a new smartphone, you will first of all have to download the WhatsApp app from Google Play store or Apple App store.
* Set-up your WhatsApp account by entering the phone number, OTP.
* After entering the OTP, you will get an option to “Restore” all your WhatsApp chats.
* Hit the Restore button, and all your old/deleted WhatsApp messages will be restored onto your new smartphone.
Note; Any message received after the backup time can’t be restored.
If you are not switching to a new phone but have mistakenly deleted some WhatsApp chats, and want to restore it back, you can simply uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp, Continue with the above methods.
While restoring your chat, you should stay connected to a stable WiFi network so the restore process doesn’t hangs or consume all your mobile data.
Comment your views, like and follow this channel for more tech related articles.
Content created and supplied by: OsafoDaniel (via Opera News )