10 interesting facts about WhatsApp are:
2. It was initially only made for IOS users.
3. On marketing and user acquisition, the company did not invest a dollar. They invested instead for advancement.
4. In June 2009, the instant messaging platform had 250,000 users worldwide. By December 2013, the figure had increased to 400 million.
5. The organization rejected a $10 billion Google bid, but in February 2014, it finally accepted a $19 billion Facebook offer.
6. Two billion minutes are consumed mostly on the app every day
7. On the smartphone, 55 million video calls are made each day. The conversations last a maximum of about 340 million minutes.
8. It’s the most commonly used application in the world for text messaging. It has extra billions of users than Facebook Messenger.
9. WhatsApp seems to be very generous to its users because it also avoids advertising. But still, because of the billions of downloads every day on Android phones alone, WhatsApp receives $2 billion and more by end of each year.
10. There are at least 5 billion WhatsApp groups created from 2009 until now.
Content created and supplied by: rocksonbaffoe (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More