Officially, you aren't allowed to have two social media accounts on one phone. But, since most phones now come up with dual-SIM technology, its not uncommon for users to want to set up both numbers with WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, even though they only have one device.
So what if you want to run two WhatsApp accounts on one phone. Is it possible? Yes, it is but only if you are an Android user. This special feature is not available for iPhone users.
Many Android phones come with a feature called Clone app or App twin. Most of the phones, especially the Chinese made phones like [Xiaomi, Gionee, Vivo, Oppo, Samsung, Honor, Huawei] come with this feature. You will require this feature to run two social media accounts(WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, etc) on one phone.
If you are using an Android phone that does not automatically have this feature, then you are required to install one of these from Play Store [app clone , dual app, parallel space, multiple space, 2Face, etc].
Here is the procedure you are required to go through.
1. Your phone must have a dual active Sims.
2. Install any of the Social media (WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter) from Play Store.
2. Go to phone's Settings.
3. Look for Dual App/App Twin/Clone app and tap on it [eligible phones are Xiaomi, Gionee, Vivo, Oppo, Samsung, Honor, Huawei, Intex, Lenovo, Asus, etc.)
3.1. If you are using a phone like Tecno, Infinix, Itel, Arcatel, etc, that has not this feature, you are expected to download any of these apps from Google Play Store[Dual Account, Parallel Space, Multiple Space, 2Face, app clone, dual app, etc]
4. After installing any of the apps in [section 3.1.] from Play Store, You should open it and you will see a list of apps that support the dual feature. Turn the toggle on for (WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc).
5. Now to set up the second App(WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter), start the App by selecting it. That is , you are to go through the same process of opening a new account for any social media App.
6.Tap on Agree and Continue and allow your second App(WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook) to access your files and contacts.
7. Now when the app asks for your phone number, remember to give your second phone number. This will allow you to run two social media App accounts with different phone numbers on one phone.
Leave a comment and I will get back to you.
Thanks for reading.
Share and follow for more educative Updates.
Content created and supplied by: SPORTS.BBC (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More