Using a corded telephone during a thunderstorm is discouraged because the phone is physically connected by wires to the outside. A cellphone, however, has no such physical connection and the electric current from a nearby lightning strike cannot reach it. It is perfectly safe to use a cellphone during a thunderstorm.
It is dangerous to use mobile phones during heavy rain or thunderstorm, weather experts have warned. As the thunder and lightning activity in the sky produces very high voltage electrically charged particles, there is a chance of the phone blasting, leading to death of the user.
Cell phones (and cordless portable phones) used indoors during electrical storms are perfectly safe because there is no wire through which the electric discharge could travel. (The belief that lightning can follow the radio waves is completely unfounded.)
12 Situations When You Should Get Your Phone Addiction Under Control
1. When Someone is Talking to You.
2. When You are at a Funeral.
3. At the Time of Giving Birth.
4. While You are at a Job Interview.
5. While Driving.
6. When it is Time to Sleep.
7. During Study Sessions or Important Work.
8. During Exercise.
Cell phones, small metal items, jewelry, etc., do not attract lightning. Nothing attracts lightning. Lightning tends to strike taller objects,” said John Jensenius, a NOAA National Weather Service lightning expert. “People are struck because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Lightening can easily damage the IC's installed in these electronic devices. So, we must plug them out. However, there is no need to switch off the phones. Because, phones can't come in direct contact with lightening.
Signs and Symptoms of Cell Phone Addiction
1. A need to use the cell phone more and more often in order to achieve the same desired effect.
2. Persistent failed attempts to use cell phone less often.
3. Preoccupation with smartphone use.
4. Turns to cell phone when experiencing unwanted feelings such as anxiety or depression.
Please don't forget to follow me for hit gigs and trending news . Thank you.
Content created and supplied by: Nickslick (via Opera News )