Looking at the trend of the Ghanaian economy and the trend of Businesses that are operated by the citizens of the country, it shows the inevitable impact of covid-19 disruptions on the Ghanaian Businesses.
How does covid-19 impacts Ghanaian Businesses negatively.
1. Responding to the outbreak of covid-19 in the country, the government of Ghana has closure all borders and partial lockdown of selected areas, and this is already having a challenge on the Businesses.
As a matter of facts, most of the business in the country were closed down as residents in the selected areas were in lock down and the growth of the Businesses in those areas were in recession.
2. Decrease in imports and low productivity in the business sector amidst covid-19 has brought about high prices of goods and services which affects businesses as the entrepreneurs are not able to aquire raw materials for effective running of the various industries.
3. Disruptions in supply chains, with significant supply shortages and consequent price hikes Slowdown in investments and remittances and resulting job losses.
The challenges Covid-19 presents to the business sectors means it’s hard to generalise about how to turn crisis into an opportunity.
As a result of the challenges associated with the coronavirus pandemic mount, there is no shortage of innovative for entrepreneurs.
Technologies to speed up business growth amidst covid-19 pandemic.
1. Using a Scalable digital business models will start to replace product focused operations. Example, Subscription model. A subscription business model can be applied to both traditional brick-and-mortar businesses and online businesses alike.
2. E-commerce. consumers who normally visit physical stores are increasingly shopping online with the result that e-commerce is booming especially when it comes to tinned goods, pasta, health and sanitary products.
The uplift in e-commerce may well become permanent if people remain wary of mingling in real life, and increasingly replace shop visits with online purchases.
Content created and supplied by: Zy0z (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More