1. Current government has no solution to Ghana's unemployment.
2. President Akufo-Addo and his management team have deflected responsibilities toward the nation.
3. The issue of debt, taxation, and depreciation of the currency.
4. Public criticisms forced Nana Akufo-Addo out of his hole to make a pitiful torrent of unconvincing excuses for the disastrous mismanagement of our economy.
5. Covid-19 has been a whipping board for all of our woes and currently, the Russian-Ukraine war has featured prominently as supposed the financial sector clean-up.
6. None of these claims are acceptable. The Covid 19 paved way for an unprecedented windfall the previous government could only dream about.
7. Over 30 billion cedis sufficient to pluck the revenue shortfall of GHS 12 billion was made available to the current government.
8. Funding sources ranged from internal buffers of 200 million dollars (our stabilization fund), 1 billion from the IMF, 430 million dollars from the world bank, 200 million out of 1 billion drawing right given to the bank of Ghana, 100 million dollars from natural partners and 20 billion Ghana cedis from the bank of Ghana.
These were the words of the former president.
Content created and supplied by: Jamal (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More