1. Gold: Gold has earn this country a great reputation worldwide.Ghana is Africa’s largest producer of gold, beating out South Africa for the first time in 2019 according to data released by the World Gold Council (WGC). It is ranked as the 6th leading producer of gold worldwide. As a matter of fact, this country has 23 big companies producing gold and 300 registered small mining groups.
2. Cocoa: It is one of the major cash crops and a major agricultural export for Ghana. The West African country is the 2nd largest producer of cocoa in the world and in Africa. It only trails to Ivory Coast as the world leading producer of cocoa. Every year, the country produces approximately 850,000 metric tons of cocoa beans. This has made the country famous globally.
3. Cape Coast Castle: It's difficult to talk about the history of slave trade in Africa without mentioning the Cape Coast dungeon inbuilt in it's castle at the time. It is one of 40 “slave castles” within Ghana. It was built in 1555 initially as a trading post but was later used as a “slave castle” during the trans-Atlantic slave trade. This castle had served as a trading post before the slaves were sold in the US. UNESCO World Heritage List even includes the above castle. It serves as a tourist site for black Americans and Africans in diaspora.
4. Being a Peaceful Country: Ghana is recognized as one of the most peaceful Countries in Africa and worldwide. It is the 2nd most peaceful country in Africa behind Mauritius and ranks 38th globally. It is also considered as one of the leading democratic countries in the world because when an election happens, the country is able to transfer power without causing much trouble.
5. Lake Volta: After it's immediate construction, it dubbed as the longest man made lake in the world but as at now it is ranked as the third. Lake Volta is also important for transportation, providing a waterway for both ferries and cargo watercraft. There are also cruises available for tourists that pass through the lake, such as the cruise to the island of Dodi.
Content created and supplied by: Currentworldnews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More