You will need the following materials: two empty cans of coke, scissors or knife, pin/nail (to poke holes), alcohol, lighter or a matchstick
1) Making the burner holes: Create dots on the bottom of the cans. Use a safety pin or a small nail to make about 8-10 holes. Create drain holes in the middle of the concave section as well; this will serve two purposes: a fuse dispenser and gas jets.
2) Cut the bottoms off the cans: Measure about one inch from the bottom of a fresh can and cut it into two sections as shown below. The height may be adjusted to your liking, but stick with an inch if you are new to this.
3) Putting pieces together: Put a piece of cotton into one of the cans. Once they're nested together, carefully press both pieces together with a heavy object such as a book or a small hammer to protect them.
4) Pour in some fuel: Slowly fill the can's concave cavity with fuel and let it drain into the stove below. The fuel may be methanol, ethanol/alcohol, kerosene, etc.
5) Light the fire: Place the stove on a hard, heat-resistant surface and light it with a matchstick or lighter. Your can stove is now ready to use.
I hope you have learnt something new today. Kindly share and follow for more.
Content created and supplied by: MacroSoft (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More