Guinea's participation in the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has been suspended after the tactical upset that toppled President Alpha Conde, Burkina Faso's Foreign Minister Alpha Barry at the end of an ECOWAS exceptional Summit by means of Videoconferencing.
The military coup which happened on September 6, 2021, which led to the fate of Guinea's President Alpha Condé in dismay is unclear after an unverified video showed him surrounded by soldiers, who said they had seized power. They showed up on public TV professing to have broken down the public authority. Nonetheless, the protection service said the endeavored takeover had been foiled by the official gatekeeper. This follows long stretches of substantial gunfire close to the official castle in the capital, Conakry. But as of today, it has been verified that indeed the coup has occurred. The purpose of the coup is due to the long-serving term of Alpha Conde, he is supposed to serve for only two years but after the two years, former President of Guinea Conakry amended the constitution to extend his rule for a third term, and jailed the opposition.
Today as a meeting of ECOWAS leaders was held to discuss the Coup in Guinea, the leaders of the ECOWAS bloc have demanded the release of ousted President Alpha Conde from military custody. They plan to send a high-level delegation to Guinea on Thursday, September 9, 2021.
"We ask the Guinean defense and security forces to remain in a constitutional posture, and express our solidarity with the Guinean people and their government" By President Nana Akufo-Addo the chairman of ECOWAS
THANKS FOR READING.
Don't forget to follow me for more updates.
Content created and supplied by: real_kingly (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More