The 2021 portfolio assessment Starting date: 4th October 2021 End date: 14 December 2021 Teaching portfolio provides evidence of teachers’ work and goal accomplishments. The portfolio describes the beliefs of the teacher and how such beliefs influence the way the teacher practice. The artefacts provided in the portfolio provide undoubtable fact the teacher is the architect of what s/he claims. The portfolio helps to justify the good work of the teacher in contributing to promotion of high standards of teaching and learning. The portfolio also provides opportunity for sharing of best practices. NQTs are therefore requested to as much as possible to submit the artefacts listed as items 1- 21 to the portfolio assessors for assessment during their visits to the Newly Qualified Teachers. This is the only means to indicate that the NQTs spent the induction period in classroom and so are eligible to be recommended for license to practice as a professional teacher with one-year professional experience. The artefacts include:
1. School information/particulars of NQTs including GTLE number
2. Evidence of attendance to work confirmed through a letter by the head (Content should indicate the period of attendance in minutes)
3. Teaching Philosophy (Goal, its relationship with your teaching techniques and assessment practices)
4. A video/ an audio tape of your best lesson or still photographs of your teaching
5. Scheme of work/Scheme of Learning
6. 15 samples of Lesson plans (learning plan) used
7. Samples of student work you have graded, showing your comments etc. or sample of activities you have evaluated showing your comments.
8. Reflective practice/Reflective logs /Reflections on your practice.
9. Assessment instruments (test items/quizzes) created by you, with their marking schemes, and an explanation of how effective (or ineffective) the assessment was used or data collection instruments developed by you with sample data collected and analyze and reports generated from the analysis
10. Work/task sheets drawn for students/clients
11. Mentor’s report/comments on NQTs behavior, attendance and attitude towards work
12. A brief report indicating not less than five (5) co-curricular activities engaged in be NQT
13. Report on Core Competences which focuses on: How learners were supported to develop new competences How learners were supported to use already possessed competences Difficulties teachers had in helping learners to either develop or use particular core competence(s).
14. Headteacher’s recommendation 15.
List and description of learning/teaching aids (resources) that cannot be put into the portfolio.
16. A report on career development for the NQT (Head or Mentor should provide based on assessment of NQTs experiences).
17. Evidence of participating in school-based activities including formal meetings attended.
18. Three minutes written by NQTs which provide evidence of meetings with the mentor.
19. A report written by NQT showing evidence of meeting with the Head of school
20. Evidence of In-Service Trainings attended Type of in-service attended (SBI, CBI, DBI CoP, etc.) Training Logbook Certificate awarded
21. Summary of Action Research conducted as part of the reflective practice The assessment instrument is attached
Content created and supplied by: KwakuRighteous (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More