After months of waiting for the West Africa Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) results, it has been finally released and the results were a little below expectations, considering the Free senior high school the candidates enjoyed.
In the English Language, 57.34% passed while the rest of the 42.67% had D, E and F which means they failed to reach the passing point.
In mathematics, the pass percentage was higher as 65.71% passed with the remaining 34.29% feel below the pass mark. Things were almost similar in Social Studies, where 64.31% passed the paper with 35.69% having a failed grade.
The Integrated Science paper is the most popular one here because, some WASSCE students after writing the paper accused the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) for misleading them. 52.53% of candidates had A to C, whole 47.47% took home D, E and F respectively.
Social studies had the worst percentage of F9's with 20.81%, while Maths had the best pass rate of 65.71%.
With how the country has invested in their education, should the fail rate be this high?
Content created and supplied by: 360PapersUpdate (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More