Counselor Daniel Fenyi, an educationist, has revealed that about 70% of SHS graduates who benefited from the free SHS might not have admission to university after the release of the results on Thursday. Considering the performance of the students, he is of the view that more than 60% of the students won't gain admission into university. Giving a mathematical breakdown of their performance, he said about 47.47% didn't pass Integrated Science and consequently cannot be admitted into the university.
The other 42.66%, 34.29% and 35.69% making a total of 112.64% who failed English, Math and Social Studies respectively could constitute an additional 30%, given that 1 student fails two out of three core subjects, thereby leaving about 70% unable to progress to the university without a possible resit. He made this known on Kingdom 99.3 FM last Saturday when he was called upon to analyse the performance of the students after it was released on Thursday. In his view, for this free SHS policy to stand the test of time, it must undergo a reformation. Some of which include: universities conducting Entrance Exams to weed out unqualified students who passed through leaked questions; Depoliticizing of the free SHS; allowing qualified educationists and technocrats to be in charge of the policy and the abolishment of the double track system.
Below is breakdown of the results out of a total of 375, 763 candidates who sat for the exams
57.34% passed (A1-C6)
42.66% failed (D7-F9)
65.71% passed (A1-C6)
34.29 failed (D7-F9)
52.53% passed (A1-C6)
47.47% failed (D7-F9)
64.31% passed (A1-C6)
35.69 failed (D7-F9)
Content created and supplied by: Win_2020 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More