The West African Examination Council in a bid to curb students malpractices and cheating at the examination halls have changed their style of objective questions for the on-going 2021 Basic Education Certificate Examination.
According to latest reports from the various examination centres across the length and breadth of Ghana, different questions has have been set for each candidate.
This is a strategy is to help minimize the "apor" or cheating that occurs in the various examinations. WAEC has recently come under public scrunity as various reports suggested that there were examination leakages at the various centers during the just ended WASSCE.
Eduwatch, an educational think tank has recently published a report to prove that there were leakages. WAEC has vowed to prevent malpractice in the ongoing BECE which kicked off on Monday, 15th November 2021.
Rank Of Number Of BECE Candidates In Each Region
Following the kick off of the BECE today, the West African Examination Council has released the 10- regional break down of each candidates representing the region. Below are the rank from highest to lowest.
1. Greater Accra: They presented the highest number of candidates. A total of 50,815 males and 54,824 females were presented. In all there are 105,539 candidates.
2. Eastern Region: They presented 55,930 candidates. Out of this 28,475 are males and 27,455 are females.
3. Central Region: They are third with a total candidates of 63,727. Out of that, 31,954 are males and 31,773 are females.
4. Western And Western North: They presented a total males of 29,718 and 28,598 female candidates. In all 58,316 were presented.
5. Ashanti Region: They presented a total of 111,432 with 55,829 being males and 55,603 females. They are fifth.
6. Bono, Ahafo and Bono East: They are six on the list with 27,138 and 26,127 females. They presented 53,265 candidates for the 2021 BECE in all.
7. Volta and Oti: They presented 42,093 candidates. The males are 21,871 and the females are 20,222.
8. Northern, North East and Savannah: There are 24,029 male and 20,809 females. This makes a total of 44,838
9. Upper East: They presented 10,586 candidates as males and 11,530 as females. This makes a total of 22,116.
10. Upper West: They presented a total of 14,638 candidates. 7,290 are males whilst the remaining 7,348 are females.
In all there are 571,894 candidates for the 2021 BECE and 18,028 participating schools.
Content created and supplied by: Currentworldnews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More