Fellow Ghanaians, 5 Reasons Why Closure Of Schools And Lockdown May Not Happen (Opinion)
The second wave of the covid-19 pandemic is becoming uncontrollable, there has been an extreme increase in the number of cases recorded everyday, not less than 500 cases are recorded everyday. The citizens are advising the government to to close down all schools again and impose Lockdown but it seems the president is not ready to do that.
This could be the reason why the president is not closing schools despite students contracting the disease and has not impose lockdown despite high number of cases on covid-19 are being recorded everyday.
1. Refund Of School Fees Will Be Difficult: This is one of the reasons why it will be difficult for the president to close down all schools. With the exception of senior high school students who don't pay school fees, children in our various private schools from kindergarten to junior high school, tertiary institutions such as universities, teacher training school and nursing training schools have paid their school fees. The president will find it very difficult to pay all these students their fees when schools are closed now.
2. The Government Won't Be Able To Pay Private School Teachers When All Schools Are Closed: Since the closure of schools, private schools have suffered alot especially teachers and workers who get their salaries from the school authorities. During the first lockdown, the government paid all public school teachers their full salaries with the exception of the private school teachers. The private school teachers find it difficult to Feed their children and relatives during the first closure of schools and the pandemic has also hit the economy of the country so it will be very difficult for the government to pay all private schools teachers when schools are closed.
3. Difficult To Feed Ghanaians When The Country Is On Lockdown: During the first lockdown, the government took it upon himself and fed most Ghanaians who were finding it difficult to get food. The government gave free water, food and electricity to every Ghanaian, the president would not be able to feed Ghanaians when lockdown is imposed because of how the pandemic has crushed our economy.
4. Closure Of Schools Will Affect Our Education System: On the 15th March 2020, the president called for closure of all schools when the covid-19 disease started spreading. The government reopen schools when the number of cases completely dropped, the spread of the virus has started again in our various schools and health professionals are advising the government to close down schools again to stop the spread of the virus. The government is finding it difficult to close down all schools for the second time because it will completely change our education calendar.
5. No Revenue Will Be Generated When The Whole Country Is On Lockdown: Since the virus crossed the borders of the country, businesses has slowed down and less revenue is being generated. There is little more money to run the country when the country is on lockdown, the government will find it difficult to generate income to run the country when businesses are closed during Lockdown.
These could be the reason why the president is finding it difficult to close down all schools and impose lockdown.
What could be the best way to deal with the covid-19 in the country?
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SHARE THANK YOU.
Content created and supplied by: Pure_News (via Opera News )