As BECE candidates are busily preparing for their final exams in November, It is important for both candidates and parents to know the various courses and it's combinations in SHS. This will help in selecting appropriate courses based on the strength of the child.
In view of this the various causes offered in SHS in Ghana 2021/2022, their combinations and their career opportunities are listed below.
1. General Arts: this course is made up of the following subject combinations: Government, Economics, Geography, Christian Religious Studies, Ewe, Literature in English, French., Twi, Fante and Elective ICT (Any four combinations)
2. Business(Accounting Option)
It is also made up of Financial Accounting, Business Management, Economics, Principles of Costing, Elective Mathematics. (Some may choose E-Maths Oland any other 3 combination or Costing
3 . Agriculture
It's combinations include, General Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Chemistry, and Elective Mathematics
4. Vocational Course (Home Economics Option) : Food and Nutrition/Clothing and Textiles, Management in Living, French, Chemistry, G.K.A
G.K.A, Textiles Basketry, Picture Making, Graphic Design, Basketry, Leather work, Ceramics, Sculpture.
Option 1:Woodwork, Technical Drawing, Elective Mathematics, Chemistry
Option 2:Building Construction
For the above course one have to offer the following combinations
Electricals, Technical Drawing, Physics, and Elective Mathematics
7. General Science
Elective Mathematics, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry. There is also Physics and Geography combination in some SHS
Some Career Opportunities For Each Courses
1. General Arts: A student with general arts background can have a career in Nursing, Teaching, Accountant, Communicator, Editor, Linguist, Journalism, Movie Actors
2. Business: Business students can become Accountants, Financial Analysts, Bank Managers, Cashiers, Business advisors, Investment managers, Auditors, Teachers, and even a company CEO
3. General Science: The Job opportunity for a Science Student can be a Doctor, Nurse, teacher, physician, lab technician, and even a Pharmacist. There are more opportunities for General science students.
4. Visual Arts: A student who studies creative art has a job career opportunity in painting, sculpture, Drawing Printmaking, and film-making (as contrasted with literature and music)
5. Home Economics: You can find jobs as professional teachers and Matrons in Senior High Schools and other institutions. Graduates are also offered employment as nutritionists, caterers, and Managers of Restaurants.
6. Technical: They have the chances of working at VRA, becoming a plumber and many several Opportunities.
Content created and supplied by: Currentworldnews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More