KA Technologies has manufactured Teachers Mate (TM1) laptops solely for use by teachers in Ghana. More than 100,000 laptops are currently being given to teachers at the basic education level, starting with the junior high school. Teachers should take note that the laptop is not intended to be used for graphic designs, gaming or sophisticated pieces of software since that's not what it was built to perform ideally.
Although teachers who have received the laptops are divided about the quality of the laptops meant to be used for teaching and learning in the classroom, the ICT officer of Ghana Education Service in North-East Region has outlined six (6) precautionary ways to keep the customized laptops longer without developing any faults. They are listed below.
1. The Microsoft Office is a genuine product bought for you with its license key, the cost is more than the Laptop itself and so under no circumstance should it be uninstalled for another one.
2. The Windows Operating system is equally a genuine one, and so under no circumstance should it be formatted or replaced.
3. The Windows Operating System is upgradable to Windows 11 if you so wish.
4. In case you encounter a hardware problem with the Laptop, do not be in a haste to open the back case to locate the hardware components, instead report to your District ICT Officer for a resolution of the problem.
5. Only compatible applications can be installed on the laptop, and so be careful about installation of applications.
6. The laptop is not a Game machine, and so desist from installing games with higher graphics / resolutions.
Credit :North-East Regional ICT Officer.
Content created and supplied by: BricyBoateng (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More