The emergence of the novel Covid-19 has brought untold woes to the education sector especially private schools. It was so devastating that educational institutions across the country experienced unexpected closure for almost a year. Before schools were reopened in January 2021 , several safety precautions were outlined for schools under the supervision of Ghana Education Service and Ghana Health Service and education stakeholders in both public and private institutions were mandated to apply the precautions religiously.
Looking at the situation of things currently, most schools have lost their guards. Pupils and teachers behave indifferently towards nose masks, proper hand washing, social distancing etc . The school managers look on as compliance to Covid safety precautions deteriorates in their schools.
NaSiA, GES and GHS nonchalant attitude to this development is even more worrisome.Are school environment safe for our kids?. Well these are the ten reasons why schools maybe close down soon.
1. More cases of covid-19 related disease are rising
2. Cases are detected in one of the prominent schools in Accra
3.Guards are lost regarding compliance to Covid safety precautions.
4. NaSiA is indifferent to the activities of some public and private schools
5. GES officials no longer visit schools to monitor what goes on there
6. Parents are no longer concerned about their wards' non compliance to Covid safety precautions
7. Government has failed to supply PPEs since schools reopened
8. Social distancing in our classrooms is now a thing of the past.
9. The third wave of Covid-19 may keep children out of schools
10. Teachers no longer wear face masks in schools.
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More