There are seventy-two Category A Senior High Schools in the country. Both public and private Junior High school graduates compete for 70% of vacancies declared by these schools and the remaining 30% is reserved for public school graduates only.
The Ghana Education Service intends to embark on an important exercise which aims at validating the 2021 Basic Education Certificate Examination candidates. This information was disseminated to Heads of Junior High Schools through the various District Examination officers.
The validation exercise has become necessary as Ghana Education Service has received information which indicate that some Heads have included unqualified pupils in their registration list. That is, pupils from Private schools and Junior High School 1& 2 pupils.
Investigative teams have been put in place by the Ghana Education Service to inspect some administrative record materials like the admission register, class attendance register to ascertain whether a candidate is indeed a student of the school or not.
Date for the exercise has been given but is likely to come on very soon.
Ghana Education Service had earlier warned all Headteachers not include unqualified candidates. However, this seems to have fallen into deaf ears.
Content created and supplied by: Awal9 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More