The Ghana National Council of private schools (GHACOPS) was established in Ghana to bring under one umbrella private basic and secondary school management, teachers, parents, Educational consultants, GES private school coordinators, and any individual or cooperate bodies interested in private schools operations in Ghana to complement government efforts in providing quality and affordable education delivery in private sector.
Look at 5 unprecedented feats chalked by GNAPCOS in recent times.
1. GNACOPS is collaborating with the University of Education Winneba to run purpose made degree programmes to upscale the qualification of some 200,000 untrained private school teachers across the country to professional degree holders. The institution has designed an intensive three-semester teacher education programme leading to the award of a diploma and a one-year top-up for the award of a degree.
2. On the 3rd of June 2021, the Ghana National Council of private schools and the ministry of Education graduated the first batch of graduates of pre- tertiary education leadership programme. The graduation was graced by the Director for the pre-tertiary directorate at the Ministry of Education, Mr. Richard Baffour Awuah, and some representatives from the National Council , NTC, the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment, NaCCA, and other non-governmental organizations.
3. GNAPCOS is working with an allied International agency from China and the United States of America, USA to supply interested private school teachers with portable laptops through their school owners.
4. On Friday 14th May 2021 at the Kumasi Cultural Center, the National Executives of GNACOPS organized a day's workshop for over 200 private school proprietors in the Ashanti Region focusing on the legal understanding of the implementation of Act 1023, Education Regulatory Bodies passed by Parliament.
5. The Director of GNACOPS, Mr. Enock Gyetuah has featured in many radio and TV programs addressing issues that concern private schools.
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More