This is an initiative by government to help teachers be abreast with ICT and modern trends of teaching and learning. Taking into consideration the direction the world is moving to and the fact New Patriotic Party Government is on a digitalization drive, then teachers cannot be left out.
Covid-19 pandemic hit the country hard and seriously had an impact on teaching and learning especially at the basic and secondary levels. Most schools in the country and especially those in the cities and better endowed resulted in the use of ICT to reach their students while at home.
With the effects of the pandemic still fresh on our minds, the government has today launched the One Laptop per teacher programme which seeks provide all teachers in all public schools (Pre-Tertiary) with laptops in Ghana.
Initially 80,000 laptops are available for distribution. The plan is to distribute to all Senior High Schools before commencing with teachers at the basic school level by the end of the year.
Under the programme, every teacher in all public schools from the Kindergarten to the Senior High School would receive a laptop computer.
According to the Vice President, Government of Ghana would pay 70 per cent of the cost of the laptop while each teacher pays the remaining 30 per cent.
Symbolically, the Vice President presented four laptops to four teachers from Saint Mary's Senior High School to officially signify the distribution of the laptops.
K A Technologies, a locally-based ICT firm is collaborating with government to manufacture and distribute the laptops.
Content created and supplied by: DCKWAMEKWAKYE (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More