1.Education offers employment : Education help in the provision of job opportunities. The position of an individual in any business organisation depends on the level of his education. Promotion in most businesses organisation depends on the educational, background of individual workers.
2. Education provides moral training: Education provides people with moral training. Formal education ensures this through the teaching of subjects such as Religious and Moral Education, social studies and citizenship education. Informal education contributes to the moral training of the individual through the oral training on cultural and social values provided by parents and the elders of the society.
3.Education transmit cultural values: Another important function of education is its ability to transmit the cultural values of the society into individuals. Like the provision of moral training, education imparts cultural training through instructional agent such as Religious and Moral Education, Social Studies, West African Traditional Religion. Informal transmission of cultural values is ensured through the training provided by parents and elders in the community.
4. Education provides vocational training: An additional important role of education in the society is that it provides individuals with vocational and technical training. Informal education is the way by which individuals are taught vocation such as bead making, pottery, weaving, blacksmithing, cooking and performance of other domestic chores
5. Education develops the intellect: Education is the vehicle through which intellect of people can be developed. By studying subject in science and in humanities, individuals are able to know what is happening around them and are also able to apply the knowledge gained to solve the problems confronting them.
6. Education stratifie the people: Education is reliable tool for selecting people into jobs. The unequal levels of education makes it possible for population to be stratified or divided into classes. Those with very high education qualifications belong to the upper class, those with moderate qualifications for the middle class and those with or without any qualification to the lower class. Education, therefore, serves as a tool for ensuring social satisfaction and peaceful co-habitation.
7. Education is an agent of change in society: Formal and informal education are responsible for the change we see in society. Through the acquisition of high educations individuals are able to change their attitudes and perceptions about things and situations. A mass change in attitudes and perceptions lead to the transformation of the society.
Content created and supplied by: AggreyNoah (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More