Senior high school in Ghana, is the second cycle of education in the country after the primary cycle and the junior high school. Before, senior high schools(S.H.S) were called senior secondary school(S.S.S) during those times the junior high school(J.H.S) today, was called junior secondary school(J.S.S). Ghana has a lot of outstanding senior high schools, and this makes Ghana senior high schools to be ranked among the best schools in West Africa. Schools such as Adisadel Senior High School is ranked the 10th best school in West Africa, . Almost all the senior high schools in Ghana have breathtaking environment, with a well developed infrastructure, and equipped with all the basic needs, and facilities that will ensure smooth learning. The National Science and Mathematics Quiz has pushed senior high schools in Ghana to work extra hard both teachers and students, because the school that end up taking the first position is rewarded greatly, and hailed in the whole country. This has made senior high school students and teachers to do extra work to also be among the best in the country. Senior high schools in Ghana have beautiful school uniforms, crests, Friday wears, and other amazing things that takes each, and every school unique from each other. But our motive in this article is to list the top 10 senior high schools in Ghana with the most beautiful crests.
10. Aburi Girls' Senior High School(ABUGISS), formerly called Aburi Girls' secondary school. The school is a Presbyterian all girls' senior high school, established in 1946. The school is located in the south of Aburi in the Eastern Region of Ghana. The school is 10th in position among the top ten schools in Ghana with the most beautiful crest. The school is known to be very good in science and mathematics, this made the school to win as the best in science and mathematics between 2011 and 2015 West African Senior School Examination(WASSCE).
9. Prempeh College is the 9th school with the most beautiful crest. The school was established in 1949 by the great Asanteman traditional authority, the Methodist Church, and the Presbyterian Church of Ghana. The school is located in Kumasi, and it is one of the best schools in the Ashanti Kingdom, and West Africa. Prempeh College is one of the best schools producing a lot of excellent students on the continent of Africa, and it's the dream school of most students yet to attend senior high school.
8. Tamale senior high school, one of the brightest schools in the Northern Region of Ghana. This great school was established in 1951. The school is mostly called by her acronym Tamasco. The school has all the teaching and learning facilities that makes teaching and learning interesting at the school. A lot of prominent people in the country are old students of this school, and some of them includes . This is the 8th school in Ghana with the most beautiful crest.
7. Ghana senior high school formerly called Ghana college, founded in the year 1960. This school is the second largest school in the Northern Region of Ghana, after Tamale senior high school. The first headmaster of the school was a Jamaican, his name was Luther Purser, and the school's first school prefect was Master Abu Kassim Tahidu from the Brong Ahafo Region of Ghana. Ghana senior high school on our list of top ten senior high schools in Ghana with the most beautiful crest is 4th in position.
6. Adisadel College, popularly known as 'ADISCO' is an Anglican boys' school located in Cape Coast, Ghana. The school was founded in 1910 making her one of the oldest senior high schools in the country. The school was ranked by Africa Almanac in 2014 as the 10th senior high school in Ghana. The school's motto is 'Vel Primus Vel Cum' which means 'either the first or with the first', and no wonder they're either the first or with the first in West Africa. The school is 6th on our list among the top 10 senior high schools in Ghana with the most beautiful crest.
5. The 5th school with the most beautiful crest is Half - Assini senior high school(Hasco). Hasco is located at Half - Assini, Western Region, Ghana. The school was founded on August 12, 1960 by Ghana's first president Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. The school's environment is decorated with flowers, and it so beautiful to look around. Hasco has one of the best science resource centers in the country, and it has one of the biggest and most attractive assembly halls in Western Region.
4. 'The Saints' is the nickname of ST. John's senior high school located in Secondi-Takoradi, founded on January 29, 1952. The school is an all boys senior high school. ST. John's is a Roman Catholic school. The school's motto is 'Viam Parantes' which means preparing the way in English. The school is one of the most cleanest schools in Ghana, and West Africa. The school is ranked 4th among top ten schools in Ghana with the most beautiful crest.
3. Nsein senior high school is the 3rd in position among the first ten schools in Ghana with the most beautiful crest. The school was founded in 1960, the school's colours are yellow and blue. Nsein senior high school is one of the best schools in Western Region, the best school in Nzema and one of the most discipline schools in Ghana. The school's motto is 'Me Nyamenle Nne Memanle' literally translated from the Nzema language as 'My God, and My Country'. The son-in-law of South Africa first president Nelson Mandela, Dr. Isaac Kwame Amish is an old student of the school, the current minister of state and also the member of parliament for Evalue - Gwira constituency, Western Region, Ghana, Honorable Catherine Ablema Afeku is also an old student of the school. In 2015 the school was awarded as the most discipline school in Nzema. Students of the school are called NOBLES and old students are referred as NOSA members.
2. The School, Mfantsipim senior high school one of the most excellent senior high schools in Africa. Most of the students of Mfantsipim end up getting all 'A's' at the end of their West Africa Secondary School Certificate Examination(WASSCE), this school have won a lot of awards, and competitions in the country, notably the National Science and Mathematics Quiz(NSMQ). Schools such as Adisadel College, Presec, G.S.T.S and others have been competing with Mfantsipim greatly. The school was established on April 3, 1876. Their first principal was James Picot, who headed the school at the age of 18. 'The School' is how people usually called Mfantsipim, and it's all due to their excellent performances.
1. Ghana Secondary Technical School(G.S.T.S) is the 1st among the top ten schools in Ghana with the most beautiful crest. G.S.T.S is a science and technology oriented high school located in Takoradi, Western Region, Ghana. The school is the 3rd oldest school in Ghana, founded on August 9, 1909 in Accra as Accra Technical School, the name was later changed to Government Technical school, and after the name was changed it was moved to Takoradi in 1939. In 1953 the school was given her current name Ghana Secondary Technical School(G.S.T.S). Old students of the school are called Giants, and students in the school are called Tescans. Their motto is 'Mente et Manu'(with mind and hand). G.S.T.S is one of the most excellent schools in West Africa, the school has a very beautiful and clean environment. The school's beautiful environmental status put the school at the top of schools in West Africa with beautiful environments and surroundings. This is one of the high schools in West Africa with excellent performances both in academic, and non-academic activities, and this is one of the reasons why students and old students of G.S.T.S are called 'Giants of the West'.
Please don't forget to like, share, comment and follow me for more interesting articles like this. Thank you.
Content created and supplied by: JohnathanKabenla (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More