The subject English language can be described as the mother of all subjects studied at this level. The reason is that English Language is the medium of communication schools and also used as mode of instruction.
Unfortunately, the study of the subject is often taken for granted by students. The following steps would help a student handle this all important subject with ease.
1. English Language as a subject should be approached with all the attention and seriousness given to any other subject. There should be sufficient time provided on one's time for the study of the subject.
2. Adequate textbooks should be available.
3. A good dictionary ought to purchased for references.
4. Read as many story books as possible. This exercise would expose the student to different patterns of writing, which would enrich the student's both spoken and written
5. Read many articles, published on newspapers and other sources. For example the state owned newspapers such as daily graphic, Ghanaian times and others carry some useful articles on different socio-cultural and educative issues that can help improve a student's language.
6. When preparing for examination especially WASSCE, a student should be able to identify and understand the requirement of the various sections of the English Language paper and prepare accordingly.
Please like and share it for me.
Content created and supplied by: JosephAniagyei (via Opera News )