The distribution of laptops to teachers under the one teacher, one laptop initiative commenced this month (September) after its official launch by the His Excellency the Vice President of Ghana Dr. Mahamadu Bawumia on the 3rd of September 2021.
Some teachers received theirs earlier this week and the previous week. This has make it available for the recipients and IT experts to t highlights on both the positive and negative features of the laptops popularly known as Teachers Mate 1. Below are the pros and cons features of the laptop ;
THE POSITIVES FEATURES
1. It is very portable, light and very nice keyboard. In fact the physical appearance is very nice.
2. It has long lasting battery. It could take a whole day to function without charging.
3. Primary school curriculum SBC added to files.
4. It is installed with original version of windows 10 pro Education and MS Office 2019 with activation key given to each teacher.
THE NEGATIVE FEATURES
1. It is running on 1.10GHz processor which is far below better Ghana laptop processor, even with the 4GB ram the computer will slow down when it begins to receive files.
2. It has bad graphics so if you try changing the OS to a lower version besides windows 10, trust me you will not like the images you will be seeing from from your computer.
3. It has no inbuilt fan so will not be good for higher level operation.
4. Uses HDMI port for projection, it has no VGA port so presenting with it will be tedious if you don’t get a modern projector.
5. 0.30Mega Pixel selfie camera which does not give quality images so will not be good for online meetings.
6. Much cannot be said about it’s durability but much concern will be it’s accessories in the market just like previous RLG laptops.
Content created and supplied by: Currentworldnews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More