Many female Gospel Musicians are doing their best to lift the name of Jesus Christ high in Ghana, and I must say Ghana is blessed with the hardworking, talented new generation of gospel musicians, and we are blessed to have them lift our spirits with their songs.
Now and then, new faces in the gospel scene pop up and we must all admit that the gospel industry is much more vibrant than it used to be. Regardless of serving God spiritually with their gifting, whereby each of them has a unique calling and purpose, there is a healthy competition or better still the desire to do more in all of them.
In today's article, I will bring to you the top 10, highly patronized (in terms of events and music), highly respected, very talented, beautiful, and also very popular female gospel musicians we currently have in Ghana.
1. Diana Hamilton:She is a vibrant Ghanaian gospel musician who has won several awards. Diana who is a fashion designer alongside being a musician realized her debut album title "Ɔsoro bɛkasa" (Heaven will speak) in 2007. The Mo ne yo hit marker has won the "Artiste Of Excellence Europe" award in 2019 at African Gospel Music And Media Awards. She also won "Gospel Artiste Of The Year" at VGMA in 2020.
2. Celestine Donkor:Celestine Donkor is a Ghanaian Gospel artist and a songwriter. She has been in Gospel music for some years now. She collaborated with numerous gospel artists such as Joyce Blessing, Joe Mettle, and many more. The Agbebolo hut maker some great albums including Gye Wadea (2007), Restoration (2010), Righteousness (2015), Turning Around (2015), and many more. She also won several awards in Vodafone Ghana Music Awards and 3Music Awards.
3. Obaapa Christy: Obaapa Christy who was formally known as Christiana Love is a Ghanaian Gospel artist who has gain popularity after she released her song title Meti Ase. She has won several awards including best female vocalist and Gospel artist of the year at Ghana Music Awards in 2007.
4. Joyce Blessing: Joyce Blessing who have a great passion for gospel music had been singing in the church at her early age of fourteen (14) years. Like Diana Hamilton, Joyce Blessing started her music ministration in 2007 and realized an album title "Obi Ntu Nyame Fo", which translates to English as "Nobody Advises God". Joyce got her fame after she released a single title "Monko Moakyi",
5. Ohemaa Mercy: She is one of the long-existing female gospel musicians in Ghana. She released her first album title Adamfo Papa in 2004. From 2004, she has released about 6 albums such as Prophecy, His word, and many more.
6. Ceccy Twum: Ceccy Twum came into the limelight in the year 2005 after she released her first album title Me Gyefo ne Yesu. One of her achievements that mm many always commend her for is her annual Gospel event titled Gold worship which helps units Christians under one umbrella to worship the highest God.
7. Gifty Osei: Gifty Osei is a talented gospel musician and a fashionista. She got nominated in the category of Best Gospel Song of the Year with her song Jesus Over Do and Best Gospel Artiste of the Year at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) which will take place this year (2021). She previously won the Artiste of the Year at National Gospel Music Awards in 2018.
8. Tagoe Sisters: Tagoe Sisters is a group of two musicians who are together to lift the name of our Lord Jesus Christ through music. This consists of two women namely Lydia Tagoe and Elizabeth Tagoe. In the early days of their career, they met another woman namely Hannah Mensah who add up to make them make a group consisting of three women.
9. Daughters Of Glorious Jesus: Daughters of glorious Jesus is a Ghanaian gospel group that has been in existence for many years now. The group is one of the oldest groups that is still strong in the industry of gospel music in Ghana. They became group after several performances with the Resurrection Power and Living Bread Ministries' choir through the advice of the General Overseer of the church Bishop Akwasi Asare Bediako. They released their first album in 1991 which aided won the Best Gospel Group in 1992 at Entertainment and Critics Association Awards. This group which consists of Cynthia Appladu, Monica Owusu, and Edna Sarpong has released so many albums including Anwanwa Din (1990), Yesu Mebo Wo Din Daa (1991), Anwanwa Din remix (1992), Mesom Awurade Daa (1994), Ngyae Mpaebo (1995), Asomdwe Hene (1996), Nea Yehu Yi(2000), Aseda (2003), Daughters' Praise Vol. 1 & 2 (2007), Trimude (2009), Wonnim a Ennye Yie (2014) and many more.
KINDLY LIKE, SHARE, AND FOLLOW MY STORIES FOR MORE.
DROP YOUR THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS IN THE COMMENT BOX BELOW.
Content created and supplied by: Juniorholy96 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More