1. Do an activity that they enjoy with them. One of the best ways to show a loved one that you care for them is by participating in something that they love so you can share an experience with them. If they love to cook, shop for ingredients, make a meal, and then eat together; if they are a nature-lover, you might want to go for a hike or to a botanical garden for an afternoon; or if they love a band or singer, get tickets for you both to go to a concert.
If you’re not sure what your partner wants to do, ask them! Surprising them with an outing or activity can be great, but it’s also important to show that you value their input when planning time together.
2. Plan a special event for just the two of you. While it’s great to spend time with friends, family, and kids (if you have them), it’s crucial for any couple to have one-on-one time together. Set aside time with your significant other where it’s just the two of you, and look for ways to make it special. Plan an evening at the theater, have drinks at your favorite pub, or go out on a cozy lunch date.
If you have kids, hire a babysitter or ask a friend or relative to watch them for a few hours.
Tip: Dressing up can make any event feel more special for both of you. Put on some fancy clothes, style your hair, and put on makeup if you want.
3. Take a day off and do absolutely nothing together. Sometimes the best time spent with another person is when you don’t have anything to do at all. Choose a day you both can be free, cancel all your other plans, and do nothing. You could go to a park and eat lunch, get a coffee and talk for a few hours, or just sit at home and watch TV on the couch all afternoon.
If you’re watching something together, make time to discuss what you’re watching with your partner. That way, they’ll feel like you’re spending time with them, and not just with the TV!
4. Try something new with your loved one. Getting out of your comfort zone and trying something new is a great way to bond with your SO and bring new life to your relationship. Visit a new restaurant together, go on road trip to some place you’ve never visited, or take on a new sport or hobby together, like rock climbing or painting.
Trying something new is often exciting and fun, and when you share that excitement with a partner, you’ll both come to associate those good feelings with the relationship and each other!
5. Schedule at least 20 minutes of one-on-one time together every day. When you’re busy with things like work, school, and family, it can be hard to find any time to spend with your partner, let alone going on dates or having adventures. Even when you’re at your busiest, try to set aside at least 20 minutes each day just to really focus on each other.
For example, you might agree to have a 20-minute conversation every night before you both go to bed.
Avoid talking about stressful or routine things, like bills, chores, and work deadlines. Instead, focus on having a fun and relaxing conversation. For instance, you might talk about a movie you saw together, a book that one of you is reading, or a memory you both treasure.
6. Give them your full attention when you’re together. Feeling “alone together” can be really hard on people who value quality time. When you’re spending time one-on-one with your partner, make eye contact, engage with them, and listen actively to what they have to say.
Don’t keep checking your phone or staring at the TV while you’re together. Put your phone away, turn the TV off (unless you’re watching something together), and avoid interrupting them while they’re talking to you.
Content created and supplied by: News13 (via Opera News )