The judgment of the court to give the entertainer a custodial sentence has been met with assorted reactions from Ghanaians, others.
A more noteworthy segment of people in general has believed that the 3 months prison term given to the entertainer cruel on the grounds that she is a first-time guilty party.
The report contains the 14 factors that were considered prior to giving entertainer Akuapem Poloo her 90 days prison sentence over her naked picture with her child.
Here are the 14 reasons why Akuapem Poloo was condemned;
- The intrinsic seriousness of the offences charged
- The gravity of the offences charged
- The degree of revulsion felt by law-abiding citizens of this country for the crimes committed
- The premeditation with which the criminal plans were executed
- The prevalence of the crime within the Accra Metropolitan Assembly and the country generally
- The sudden increase in the incidence of these crimes
- The age of the accused person’s son and the trauma he is going through in a society where counselling for victims of such criminal act is almost non-existent.
- The court also took into consideration in imposing the sentence, the following mitigating factors;
- The fact that the accused person pleaded guilty to the offences thereby not wasting the time of the court.
- The accused person’s apology on social media after the publication of the nude photograph together with her son.
- The accused person’s show of remorse.
- The fact that the accused person has had no brush with the law.
- The fact that the accused person is a single parent and a mother to a seven-year-old child
- The fact that the accused person is the sole breadwinner of her family.
Check below the document containing the above stated reasons why the court concluded to the 90 days(3months) jail term.
Content created and supplied by: Vas_Nanny (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More