Songwriters are a vital part of the overall music industry and there are a great number of them from different musical genres in the Ghanaian music terrain. Over the years, we've witnessed the skills of some important songwriters in history including Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney, and the legendary John Lennon.
In the Ghanaian music industry, some musicians are creative and amazing when it comes to writing good music. Though some, including Lynx entertainment signees Kidi and Kuami Eugene, are yet to win an award for the musical writing deftness that doesn't stop them from showcasing their great lyrical style when it comes to writing good songs.
Great songwriters are to be appreciated so we take a look at some of the amazing songwriters in the country thus far.
1. King Promise: Afro-Pop singer King Promise is one of the leading prospects when it comes to writing good music in the country. His single " CCTV " which featured Mugeez of R2bees and Sarkodie, grabbed him the songwriter of the year award at the VGMA's in 2017 and since then has been releasing songs which are relatable to various music lovers.
2. Akwaboah: if there's any musician with an innate ability to writing good music, Akwaboah's name is the one to call out. The highlife genius is among the most underrated musicians in the industry and his lyrical prowess is enough to make that allegation. He masterminded Becca's 2010 hit Da Ke Daa and was very integral in writing Sarkodie's Mary Album.
3. Kwadee: Okomfo Kwadee is one genius songwriter with the ability to look outside the world and put himself in a fan's shoe just to achieve a specific lyrical depth. The "Okomfo ase corner" hitmaker has one Songwriter of the year award to his name at the VGMA's.
4. Kinaata: Martin Kingarthur is among the only two musicians to have won the songwriter of the year award two or more times at the VGMAs. The lyrical genius from the Western region of Ghana has many beautiful songs with relatable and important messages attached to it. The then rapper reinvented himself and went full solo in 2015 with single Susuka, and the rest has been history.
5. Kojo Antwi: Mr. Music Man, Kojo Antwi is among the top talents in the history of Ghana music when it comes to writing music with incredible lyrical depth. The highlife maestro remains one of the most important industry players when it comes to music thus far.
Among the lists of amazing talents in terms of songwriting dexterity is Bullet of Ruff and Smooth, Nero X, Pastor Boamah, M.anifest, Gospel ace Bernice Offei, Okyeame Kwame, and the late Dasebree Gyamena.
Content created and supplied by: deejmagnus (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More