Ghana’s showbiz landscape has long been dominated by celebrities who love to flaunt their assets and lavish lifestyles in the public and on social media, in ways to suggest that they are rich.
But if there is anyone among them who is really rich, per checks by this writer, it is John Dumelo.
In the following points, I have summarized why I think John Dumelo should be acknowledged as the richest of all Ghanaian celebrities.
2. John Dumelo is one of the few Ghanaian celebrities to have attended the prestigious Achimota School and completed university after reading Civil Engineering at the KNUST.
3. He would have become a Civil Engineer if he had not opted to be an actor.
4. John Dumelo won the FLIEST GUY in Motown and also “MR UNIVERSITY” at KNUST.
5. In 2014, he became the first Ghanaian to hit 1 million likes on Facebook.
6. Apart from featuring in more than 80 big budget Ghanaian movies, John Dumelo has featured in a Hollywood movie and several other TV series in Ghana.
7. He has won several awards since he ventured into acting in the year 2008 and was nominated as Africa’s Most Promising Actor at the AMMA in 2010.
8. John Dumelo manages a real estate company and also a partner at an IT firm.
9. He married his sweetheart, Mawuenya at the plush Aqua Safari in Akosombo.
10. John Dumelo spent millions of Ghana cedis in his quest to become the Member of Parliament for the elite Ayawaso West-Wuogon Constituency, breaking the NPP’s dominance and closing the NDC’s losing gap to a paltry 2000 votes.
11. John Dumelo has donated about 4000 laptops free of charge to some Ghanaians students.
12. He owns large tracts of yam, ginger and vegetable plantations in several regions in Ghana.
13. He also owns a livestock farm where he rears pigs.
You might not have seen John Dumelo as a rich man, but with these few facts, I guess you will agree with me that, though John doesn’t flaunt cars and mansions on social media, he is worth more than you could ever think of.
Arguably, John Dumelo is the richest among Ghana’s celebrities.
Content created and supplied by: MrQuesto (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More