Music, like many forms of artistic expressions can be hereditary, handed down individuals generations onto generations.
It can be found that some of the current crop of musicians trace their musical roots to their family line whose member(s) pursued music as a pastime or as a form of family entertainment.
Below are seven musicians whose Parents are Musicians
Alhaji Kwabena Frimpong was a Ghanaian highlife singer. He is known for his hit song “Kyenkyen Bi Adi M’awu”, performed by K. Frimpong And His Cubano Fiestas. Cabum did not follow the path of his father, choosing instead to be a rapper.
2. GyakieJackline Acheampong known professionally as Gyakie is a Ghanaian afrobeat/afro singer. In 2019, Gyakie released her first single titled; “Love is Pretty” which paved way for another single, “Never Like This.
Her father is Ernest ‘Owoahene’ Nana Acheampong, popularly known as Nana Acheampong, a Ghanaian Highlife who together with Charles K. Fosu the other half of the famous Lumba brothers who popularized Burger-highlife in Ghana.
3. Akwaboah Jnr Gladstorm Kwabena Akwaboah Jnr., known by his stage name Akwaboah Jnr, is a Ghanaian singer-songwriter and producer.
The award-winning artiste comes from three generations of musicians. Father Kwadwo Akwaboah Snr is popularly known for the smooth highlife song “awrekyekre” and has five albums to his credit. Akwaboah jr was named after his grandfather- Kwabena Akwaboa .
4. Kwaisey Pee Kwasi Poku Addae, better known by the stage name Kwaisey Pee, is a Ghanaian highlife musician. In 2007, he won the Best Male Vocal performance of the Ghana Music Awards.
Kwaisey Pee was born into a music family. His father is Agyaaku of Yamoah and Sunsum Mystics Band. He is a cousin to Rex Omar and a brother of rapper Criss Waddle..
5. Criss Waddle Real name Kweku Addai, Criss Waddle is a Ghanaian hip-hop recording artist from Tema. He is the CEO of AMG Business, credited with bringing Medikal to the limr. He was also born to a family of musicians.
6. Nana Yaa She is the daughter Pat Thomas, a.k.a Nana Kwabena Amo Mensah, legendary Ghanaian vocalist and songwriter. He is widely known for his work in highlife bands of Ebo Taylor.
7. Obibini Takyi Jr Obibini Takyi jr is the son of Obibini Takyi of ‘akosombo nkanea’ fame who died under mysterious circumstances in the year 2000.
Content created and supplied by: Currentworldnews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More