FIRST AID MANAGEMENT OF SNAKE BITE
Snake is one of the dangerous animals that can kill you when it bites you. Very serious attention need to be to taken to save the life of the victim. Below are the ways to manage the victim before sending him or her to hospital or clinic
1) Move the patient beyond the snake striking distance
2) Remain still and calm to help slow the spread of venom
3) Remove jewelry and tight clothing before you start swell
4) Position yourself, it possible so that the bite is at or below the level of your heart
5) Clean the wound with soap and water
6) Cover it with a clean, dry dressing
1) Don’t apply ice on the site
2) Don’t cut the wound or attempt to remove the poison.
3) Don’t drink caffeine or alcohol which could speed up the absorption of the poison (venom)
4) Don’t try to capture the snake
5) Try to identify its color and shape so that you can describe it which will help in your treatment.
Do this and save some, you or your neighbor. Every snake is poisonous either small or big
Content created and supplied by: kaycidiGh (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More