Sneakers, an athletic or casual rubber-soled shoes also called trainers, athletic shoes, tennis shoes, gym shoes, kicks, sport shoes, flats, running shoes, skate shoes, or runners are shoes primarily designed for sports or other forms of physical exercise but that are now also widely used for everyday casual wear.
The British call them trainers or plimsolls. Sneakers are very popular everyday shoes because they're so comfortable.
Whether it is a lazy day, you are out completing chores, or you are heading out with friends, the most reliable pair of shoes you can get your feet into would be sneakers. Apart from being comfortable, sneakers are considered as being the “friendly shoes." The reason why sneakers are so loved is that they are available in different styles and forms, and are trendy, comfortable, and affordable.
Sneakers are probably the ultimate go-to when it comes to footwear because of the many different types of sneakers that you can choose from. There are eleven different types of sneakers we will be looking at;
1. Plimsoll sneakers. These are the most famous and common type of sneakers available. They are also referred to as low top sneakers, plimsoll sneakers are available in different styles and they can be worn with skinny jeans or with jeans that are rolled up. Revealing your naked ankle with this sneaker is a fashion statement in itself. Just remember, you should not wear high socks with these sneakers.
2. High top basketball sneakers. They have been in fashion for quite a while now and the reason for this is that they have advantages. One, you can confidently wear long socks without worrying about them peeking through your shoe top. Two, they always look good. Apart from becoming a staple at basketball courts, high top sneakers pair really work well with tight fitted jeans and basketball shorts.
3. Athletic sneakers. They are usually considered the “sport” sneakers, which is made by our favorite athletic brands, Adidas and Nike. These sneakers are the best combination of style and functionality. Despite what you are doing, whether you are walking or running, the best option would be to get a pair of these sneakers on your feet.
4. Slip-on sneakers. These are considered as classic sneakers. These sneakers do not have any shoelaces on them which makes it easy to slide your feet into. They are available in different patterns and metallic surfaces, but they are still as comfortable as ever. It is safe to say that these sneakers are extremely comfortable and casual. However, since they are low rise sneakers, make sure you are not wearing high socks because it would kill the look of the shoe.
5. Authentic sneakers. When we say authentic sneakers, we are referring to the very famous Vans sneakers. At one point in time, Vans sneakers were the only pair of shoes people wanted to wear because of how comfortable and trendy they were. These sneakers can be worn with anything; dresses, overalls, shorts– which is what truly makes them revolutionary. The design is minimalistic and clean giving them the name authentic sneakers.
6. Leather sneakers. The hot trend in the sneaker world currently would be leather sneakers. Although, they are on the expensive side, with these sneakers you will be investing in something long term because these sneakers do not lose their appeal so easily. Since they are made with expensive material, these sneakers are paired best with formal and business attires. Leather sneakers are a good option for sports as well because they are softer compared to the other options. In addition, they fit in your foot like a glove (as in, they mold in perfectly). Don't wear long socks with it.
7. Canvas sneakers. They are best described as conventional and comfortable. Canvas sneakers are material based and low rise sneakers that received their fame from popular brands like Converse All Stars. These sneakers are usually paired well with casual outfits. These are the sneakers that sparked the rolled up jeans trend amongst the millennials.
8. LED sneakers. These sneakers have gained popularity amongst ladies and the younger female generation, but males wear these shoes as well. What makes these sneakers so special is that it features a LED tube that runs around the outer sole area of the shoe. The color of the LED can be one or multiple, depending on what the owner wants. Since this sneaker is kind of flashy, it can be worn for parties or concerts.
9. Synthetic sneakers. These are the worst kind of sneakers made, and unfortunately they are everywhere. If you have ever purchased inexpensive, appealing sneakers that made your feet smell really bad so you had to discard them immediately, there is a high chance that those sneakers were synthetic ones. Synthetic sneakers are not breathable and are not comfortable, they will make your feet feel hot since they are made with the lowest quality materials.
10. Velcro sneakers. These sneakers are available in different colors and styles and can be beautifully paired with streetwear outfits, an evening ensemble or a smart-casual one.
11. Designer sneakers. As their name suggests, designer sneakers are sneakers that are released by a designer brand. For example, Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs, and other designer brands release high-end sneaker lines that are usually worn with formal outfits. Even though they are ultra-comfortable, they look special, and expensive, automatically making an ordinary outfit look extraordinary.
I hope these will be able to guide you the next time you will want to go buy a sneaker for an occasion.
Content created and supplied by: KofiKnowledge (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More