Wrinkles, a natural part of aging, are most prominent on sun-exposed skin, such as the face, neck, hands and forearms.
Although genetics mainly determine skin structure and texture, sun exposure is a major cause of wrinkles, especially for fair-skinned people. Other factors, such as pollutants and smoking, also contribute to wrinkling.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
Wrinkles are the lines and creases that form in your skin. Some can be notice around the eyes, mouth and neck.
Wrinkles are caused by a combination of factors some you can control, others you can't:
* Age. As you get older, your skin naturally becomes less elastic and more fragile. Decreased production of natural oils dries your skin and makes it appear more wrinkled.
* Exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light. Ultraviolet radiation, which speeds the natural aging process, is the primary cause of early wrinkling. Exposure to UV light breaks down your skin's connective tissue hence making your skin loses strength and flexibility.
* Smoking. Smoking can accelerate the normal aging process of your skin, contributing to wrinkles. This may be due to changes in the blood supply to your skin.
* Repeated facial expressions. Facial movements and expressions, such as squinting or smiling, lead to fine lines and wrinkles. Each time you use a facial muscle, a groove forms beneath the surface of the skin. As skin ages, it loses its flexibility and is no longer able to spring back in place. These grooves then become permanent features on your face.
TREATMENTS AND DRUGS
If your wrinkles bother you, you have many options to help smooth them or reduce their appearance. Wrinkle treatments includes
* Topical retinoids. Derived from vitamin A, can be applied to the skin to reduce fine wrinkles, splotches and skin roughness.
* Nonprescription wrinkle creams. The effectiveness of anti-wrinkle creams depends in part on the active ingredients. Retinol, alpha hydroxy acid, antioxidants and some peptides may result in slight to modest improveme in wrinkles.
Surgical Procedures And Other Techniques
A variety of skin-resurfacing techniques, injectables, fillers and surgical procedures are available to smooth out wrinkles.
* Laser, light source and radiofrequency treatments.
* Chemical peel. Your doctor applies an acid to the affected areas, which Burns the outer layer of your skin to remove age spots and freckles, as well as wrinkle.
* Dermabrasion. This procedure involves sanding (planing) the surface layer of skin with a rotating brush. The planing removes the skin surface, and a new layer of skin grows in its place.
* Soft tissue fillers. Soft tissue fillers can be injected into deeper wrinkles on your face. They plump and smooth wrinkles and furrows.
* Face-lift. The face-lift procedure involves removing excess skin and fat in your lower face and neck and tightening the underlying muscle and connective tissues.
LIFESTYLE AND HOME REMEDIES
Here are ways to make the most of your skin's appearance
* Protect your skin from the sun. Protect your skin and prevent future wrinkles by limiting the time you spend in the sun and always wearing protective clothing, such as wide-brimmed hats, long-sleeved shirts and sunglasses. Also, use sunscreen when outdoors, even during winter.
* Use products with built-in sunscreen. When selecting skin care products, choose those with a built-in broad-spectrum sunscreen.
* Use moisturizers. Dry skin shrivels plump skin cells, which can lead to premature fine lines and wrinkles. Though moisturizers can't prevent wrinkles, they may temporarily mask tiny lines and creases.
* Don't smoke. Even if you've smoked for years or smoked heavily, you can still improve your skin tone and texture and prevent future wrinkles by quitting smoking.
* Eat a healthy diet. There is some evidence that certain vitamins in your diet help protect your skin.
Please Follow Me For More And Share Also If Helpful
Content created and supplied by: Hon1 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More