The culture of tribal marks is a long standing practice. The practice is more aligned to African traditional practices.
The practice of tribal marks was for a very important reason in the olden days.
1.The basic reason for the practice of tribal marks was for IDENTIFICATION.
In the olden days when tribal and ethnic conflicts were rampant, tribal marks could help one to identify who was ones brother or sister and who was one's enemy.
2. As time went on, beautification was adopted as a reason for the practice of tribal marks. Young men and women would inscribe symbols such as Adidas, Nike, Love and others all in the name of fashion.
3. Other marks were as a result of traditional medicinal treatment such as convulsions.
The above reasons have outlived their importance. As a result, tribal marks should be abolished for the following reasons.
1. It mares the beauty of people. The marks are mostly done around the face, shoulders, around the navel and other places of the body. This destroys the natural beauty of an individual.
2. Tribal marks aids the transmission of diseases. Diseases such as HIV/AIDS can be transmitted through the practice of tribal marks.
3. It also breeds disunity. When people are aligned to their tribes rather than being one people, it does not auger well for societal development.
4. With the introduction of Identity cards, tribal marks are no longer the best way to identify a person and therefore should be abolished.
Please FOLLOW and COMMENT.
Content created and supplied by: Jmahama (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More