Dark underarms usually aren't a sign of anything serious, but some people may find them embarrassing — especially during tank top and swimsuit season. Darkening is often due to a skin condition called acanthosis nigricans (AN). It causes skin to thicken and darken in folds around the body. There are acclaimed chemicals out there to bleach your underarms but always opt for the healthy ways because they do not have any long term ,side effects. In this article, i will rule out some common ingredients you can find in your kitchen to lighten your underarm.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar helps to regulate the skin's pH balance and gently exfoliates away dead skin cells, which works to gradually lighten dark armpits. What to do: Mix equal parts water and Apple Cider Vinegar in a bowl. Soak 2 cotton pads and apply onto each underarm like a sheet mask. Leave on for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with water water.
2. Aloe Vera Gel:If you are looking for some natural ways of brightening your underarm skin, aloe vera is the answer! Take the fresh aloe leaf and slit it from the center. Scoop out the aloe gel and place it in a bowl. Take liberal amounts of this gel and rub on your underarms and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. Because It contains anti-bacterial properties which help soothe and lighten your skin.
3. Baking Soda And Lemon: Dark underarms is a consequence of dead skin cells accumulating over time. Not only does it darken your underarms further, they also clog the pores, leaving the skin unable to breathe. The key lies in exfoliating these dead cells off your skin. Baking soda when applied on skin gives out a basic exothermic reaction which scrapes off dead skin cells from the epidermis to give way to clear skin. Add one tablespoon of baking soda to lemon juice and mix it into a smooth paste. use that combination to massage your underarm gently for 2 minutes and rinse with water.
4. Sugar And Olive Oil:In a bowl mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Now, apply the scrub to your underarms and scrub gently for 2-3 minutes. Then, leave it on for 15 minutes. After that rinse off your skin with water
5. Try Cucumbers:Heat makes you sweat, and sweat can cause dark discoloration in your underarms. Also, the skin in your armpit region is under rupture for most of the day due to swaying our arms while walking or doing any basic job. The key lies in cooling down the region and what better than world’s favorite coolant- cucumber? Besides being a cooling agent, cucumbers also have bleaching agents.
6. The Potato: Using lemons to lighten underarms can irritate sensitive skin, and cause rashes or some other kind of reaction. Potatoes aren’t as acidic as lemons but are a better option for sensitive skin. The citric acid in potatoes is milder and, even though they work at a slow pace, they give desired results too. Cut a potatoe into two pieces and use it to rub your underarm for 10 minutes. Repeat this twice a day for a wonderful result.
7. Apply Multani Mitti: Just mix 2 tablespoons of multani mitti with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and a few drops of water to make a paste. Apply it on your armpits, let it dry for 10-15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. This natural clay will exfoliate and lighten the dark armpits effectively, if you apply it regularly.
Thank you so much for reading. Kindly like, share and follow back for more health tips.
Content created and supplied by: Bigils.com (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More