Want to know the best remedies to get rid of pimples fast? First, you should understand the physiology behind it. Pimples are also known as zits, spots, bumps, pustules, papules, or Acne. It is an inflammation of the skin that occurs when the oil glands (sebaceous glands) get clogged and infected from bacteria or swell up.
Ice cubes are excellent for treating pimple that has not infected thoroughly, ice can help reduce the swelling, redness, and inflammation of the skin. It also helps the oil organs to push out the dirt, abundance oil, microbes. In addition, it can help improve blood circulation and make your skin pores tight.
- First, clean your skin with a bar of mild soap and keep it fresh.
- Wrap a block of ice in a thin cloth. Remember not to apply ice directly on the skin, otherwise, it may harm the skin.
- Keep the wrapped ice on the top of a pimple for a few seconds. Do not exceed one minute, otherwise, it may harm the surrounding skin.
Remove the ice cubes, wait for 5 minutes, and repeat the above process if necessary.
Another quick way to get rid of pimples is the use of Honey which contains preservatives that can prevent the growth of bacteria and pathogenic microorganisms in your pore. It also has anti-inflammatory qualities that can reduce the redness, swelling, and infections of the skin.
In addition, honey is a natural humectant that helps preserves moisture in your skin so you can get rid of the peeling and dryness naturally.
First, clean your skin with mild soap and lukewarm water. Remember not to use a scrub or towel because this may cause your skin irritation.
Dab raw honey directly onto the affected area with a clean, sterile cotton-tipped application.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and massage the skin gently to promote skin absorption.
- Wash the skin with warm water and repeat the process twice a day.
- Another option is to make a thick paste with honey and cinnamon powder. Apply this mixture to your face and wait for half an hour. Wash your face with warm water.
Another effective treatment to get rid of pimples is to use fresh lemon juice. It contains vitamin C which can help kill the bacteria or microscopic organisms and reduce the redness caused by acne. In addition, the acid in lemon juice can help constrict the skin tissues and push the overabundance oil out of your skin.
- Wash your face with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Dry your face for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut and squeeze a fresh lemon into a bowl. Dilute the fresh lemon juice with some water.
- Dab a clean cotton ball soaked in fresh lemon juice to your affected area. You may feel some stinging or itching. This is normal. However, if you have sensitive skin this remedy is not suitable for you.
- Leave the lemon juice on your face for 20 minutes to let the acid absorbed by your skin.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Another option is to make a mixture of lemon cinnamon powder and juice. Apply it on the top of pimples for one hour. This will help you get rid of pimples fast, However, if you have sensitive skin you should avoid this method.
Joshua Zeichner, M.D. from Mount Sinai hospital in New York said toothpaste contains essential oils, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, alcohol, menthol, triclosan which help kill acne-causing bacteria and dry out pimples. However, toothpaste is meant for teeth and not skin so it may irritate the skin and cause redness, peeling even burning.
Touch some white toothpaste to the influenced area of the skin for 2 hours, wash your skin with water, and dry.
Note: Toothpaste can be quite irritating to the skin, so it is important that you use the correct technique. Make sure read this guide before you try this method.
Steaming is excellent for treating acne and pimples. It can “open” your pores and flush the dead skin cells, oil, bacteria, and dirt out. This helps purify your pores and make your skin smooth.
- First, boil some water and bring it into a two-quart pot. Do not use too hot water. The best water temperature for steaming is about 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash your face to make your skin clean.
- Tie your hair back. Slowly close to the steam, but remember not to get too close, 12 inches (30 cm) is an ideal distance. If you get too close to the hot steam, you could harm your skin.
- Steam your affect area over the steam for about five to ten minutes.
- Repeat this process once a week can help your skin hydrated.
- You can also add some essential oils into the steam. You can use lavender, rosemary, or peppermint oil which can make the steam fragrant.
Garlic is very helpful in treating pimples and acne. It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory,anti-viral, and anti-oxidant properties which can help kill the bacteria and reduce the redness, swelling, irritation, and pain. In addition, garlic is rich in vitamins C, minerals, and other phytonutrients which are important for healthy skin.
- Peel and cut a garlic clove into three pieces.
- Apply the garlic on the pimples and leave it on for a few minutes before washing the skin with cold water.
- Repeat this a few times each day.
- You can also eat one raw garlic clove every day which helps promote blood circulation. However, do not overeat as it can agitate the stomach.
Note: If you feel an unbearable burning sensation remove the application immediately.
Baking Soda has numerous uses. It can be used as an antiperspirant, toothpaste, and even home remedies for skin peeling. It can exfoliate the skin and remove dirt, dead skin cells, and abundance oil. Baking Soda also contains anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce redness, swelling, and irritation of the skin.
- Make a smooth paste by blending two tablespoons of baking soda with two tablespoons of water.
- Wash your face thoroughly. Apply the paste to the pimples and wait for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with cool water and pat dry.
- You can do this twice a day for quick results.
- If you feel stung too much take it off immediately.
Note: If you have sensitive skin you should avoid this method because it may result in dryness, redness, and irritation.
Cucumber is rich in potassium(calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus) which help removes dirt, dead skin cells, bacteria. It also contains vitamins(A, C, and E) which can help reduce the skin inflammation.
The antioxidant properties of cucumber can help cool and reduce the redness of the skin. Also, It can help the skin well hydrated because 90% of cucumber is water.
- Cut cucumbers into pieces and blend to make a paste.
- Wash your face with mild soap and warm water.
- Apply the paste to the affected skin and let the skin absorb for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- Repeat this process twice a day.
Note: You can also make a cucumber face mask with Honey, Lemon Juice, Tomato Juice, Sandalwood Powder, and Yogurt.
Papaya is a rich source of papain and chymopapain which has antibacterial, antifungal,anti–inflammatory and antiviral properties. It can exfoliate the skin, unclog the pores, and remove the excess lipids.
It also contains beta-carotene, vitamin B, and C which help reduce the redness, swelling, and help your skin soft and smooth. In addition, papaya can strengthen your immune system to fight the formation of dark spots, pimples, and other blemishes.
- Put raw papaya pieces in a blende. Crush and extract the juice.
- Wash face with water and let it dry.
- Apply the paste to the affected area and wait for 20 – 30 minutes before washing off.
- You can do this twice a day to get a quick result.
- You can also make a face mask with Honey, Yogurt, or Cream and Papaya. Apply the mask to the clean skin and wait for 15 – 20 minutes then wash it off.
9.Apple Cider Vinegar
If you want to treat a pimple fast, you can consider apple cider vinegar. It has an antiseptic and antifungal agent which can help reduce the swelling, irritation, redness, and pain. The acidic property of ACV can help kill many types of bacteria and viruses to prevent infection.
In addition, the ACV can help your skin maintain a balanced skin pH level which makes it harder for microbes to flourish. It also helps produce collagen, remove excess oil, repair damaged cells, and removes dead skin cells.
Wash your face with water and use a towel to dry your skin. Utilizing a proportion of 1 section vinegar to 3 sections water, dunk a cotton ball into vinegar and apply it correctly to the imperfection. Leave it on for nothing less than 10 minutes, or overnight. Reapply a few times each day.
Note: Apply skin toner after applying this treatment.
10.Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera Gel has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help prevent bacteria, reduce inflammation, reduce the redness, and accelerates the healing process of pimples wound. It also helps removes dirt, dead skin cells, and excess oil in the pores. The salicylic acid in Aloe Vera Gel can help balance the pH of the skin. By using aloe vera you will have healthier skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel with 1-2 teaspoons rose water in a bowl.
- You can also add raw honey, Lemon, Turmeric, or Tea Tree Oil to the aloe vera gel.
- Apply this to the affected area for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Repeat this twice a week until the acne heals.
Olive oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help kill bacteria, reduce swelling and inflammation of the skin. It also contains a lot of nutrients and essential fatty acids which help remove dead skin cells, dirt, and other toxins in the clog pores.
Vitamin D, E, and K in the olive oil can help heal damaged skin and strengthen your immune system to prevent pimples effectively.
- Wash your face and hands with plain water
- You can apply the olive oil directly to the pimples. You can also add Sea Salt Scrub, Lemon Juice, Baking Soda, Garlic, Honey, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil, or Apple Cider Vinegar into the olive oil.
- Apply the mixture to the affected area and massage gently.
- Leave it on for 5-10 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Repeat the process 3 times weekly.
- You can do this 2 times a day.
Content created and supplied by: RemaRoyce1 (via Opera News )