Repulsive body odor otherwise known as bromhidrosis is most commonly due to extreme perspiration from the eccrine or apocrine sweat glands. This leads to an overgrowth of bacteria on the skin. The bacteria break down the topmost layer cells of the skin and thus the sweat, produce chemicals that give the unpleasant smell. Herbal remedies for body odor will control the bacteria.
Apocrine bromhidrosis hardly occurs before puberty, because the apocrine sweat glands practically do not function before then. Because most apocrine sweat glands are situated in the armpits, this is the smelliest region. Herbal remedies for body odor will assist you to prepare your own natural deodorant. Ironically people in groups have a tendency to possess bigger numbers of apocrine sweat glands, like people of African ancestry; are generally affected to a larger extent than those who have fewer apocrine sweat glands, like older adults and people of Asian origin. Poor hygiene is another major contributor to obnoxious smells that come off the body. Similarly, diet can also be a reason.
Sweat having high levels of curry, garlic or other spices equally has a nauseating odor. Certain medications are also known to cause poor body odor too.
Excessive eccrine sweating of the feet, which is a common occurrence among young men, is another general cause of poor body odor. Bromhidrosis from the feet takes place when the thick, warm, sodden skin turns a breeding site for several bacteria. Eccrine bromhidrosis can also happen in regions where skin contacts skin, particularly between the thighs. This can be worsening of obesity and diabetes.
Using herbal remedies for body odor can help decrease foot odor.
Also, more serious causes of disgusting body odor include the following: nutrient deficiencies, such as zinc or iron deficiency; primary medical problems like liver disease, genetic metabolic disorder or diabetes; and gastrointestinal conditions like chronic constipation or parasites. You are advised to seek medical advice from your physician to check for these conditions provided poor hygiene, excessive sweating or a spicy diet are not factors responsible for the horrible body odor.
There are several ways to prevent body odor
· Maintain excellent personal hygiene by having a bath for about two to three times daily with anti-bacterial soap and hot water.
· Wash immediately after exercises or sporting engagements
· Apply deodorants, antiperspirants, and talcum powders frequently
· Shave your underarms because this spot is a fertile breeding place for bacteria
· Washing your clothing frequently in hot soapy water with an aromatic concentrate
· Keep away from wearing the same clothing you wore the day before because it will keep hold of the sweat smell
· Change socks and undergarments every day
· Put on cotton or linen clothes because are more permeable than synthetic fabrics
· Do not wear tight-fitting clothes and instead go for loose fitting clothes
· Include vegetables, fresh fruit, and whole grains into your diet
· Drink plenty water to remove toxins from the body’s system
· Avoid consuming spicy or pungent smelling foods (like hot peppers garlic, onions, or curries) because the odor emanates through the pores
A. Nutritional supplements for treating body odor:
The following supplements have been discovered to be of great benefit for body odor:
Vitamin A. Take 25,000 international units every day for 2 weeks.
Vitamin-B complex. Take a supplement consisting of 100 milligrams each of the main B vitamins per day. In the same vein, take an extra 50 milligrams of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) per day and 50 milligrams of vitamin B1 (thiamine) two times per day as long as the conditions persist, then reduce your usage to 20 milligrams every other day for 3 weeks.
Vitamin C. Take 3,000 milligrams each day.
Zinc. Take 50 milligrams each day.
Using the paste of Gram flour (Besan) combined together with curd on the complete body before bath cleans and opens pores, and helps in removing terrible body odor.
Bael leaves dried and powdered should be mixed with Shikakai Acacia concinna (Soapnut). The resulting mixture should be used for taking bath in instead of soap; it helps to get rid of bad body Odor.
Betel leaves should be ground with an equal amount of Gooseberry (Amla). Then the paste should be applied on the body before taking bath cures bad body Odor.
Tamarind (Tamarindus indica) leaves should be grinded with a Banana tree root and applied on the body before having bath equally helps to overcome distasteful body Odor.
Drinking Carrot juice every day helps to overcome appalling body odor.
After consuming Radish, eating Jaggery and Aniseed or even Mint leaves helps to overcome bad odor.
Inhaling or smelling Basil juice helps to get rid of poor body odor.
Put a tablespoon of sandalwood paste in a glass of lime juice. Mixed two together and applied on the body for like 20 minutes. And later wash it off.
B. Herbal treatment for body odor:
Alfalfa tablets contain a lot of chlorophyll, which has a deodorizing effect.
• Chlorophyll, obtainable in soft gel capsules and chewable tablets, helps eliminate discomforting body odors.
• Parsley is equally a good source of chlorophyll. Nibbling on several sprigs of parsley per day can greatly help with body odor.
C. Natural deodorant for body odor:
• Prepare an herbal spray deodorant by mixing 5 drops each of coriander, sage, and lavender essential oils with two ounces of distilled witch hazel. Shake very well before each use.
Content created and supplied by: Healthmatics (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More