Apple is one of the most valuable fruits and has many health benefits. These include:
1. Treatment of anemia - Apple is very rich in iron, arsenic and phosphorus and beneficial in treatment of anemia.
2. Stomach disorder –When apple is to be used for stomach condition, it is prepared by slicing and gently pounding it until it becomes slightly smashed, and then sprinkling with cinnamon or honey. The preparation should be taken before meals for beneficial results. This helps stimulate sluggish digestive juices, and facilitates assimilation of foods.
3. Diabetes – A study published in the annals of internal medicine showed that apple pectin helps lower blood sugar in people with diabetes.
4. Constipation – Apples are very good for constipation. At least two apples should be taken daily for proper evacuation of bowels.
5. Heart disease – Apples are very rich in potassium and phosphorus and low in sodium. They are very useful and provide remedies for functional disorders of the heart.
6. Promotes vigour and vitality – Apples help to tone up the body, the brain and also invigorates vital organs. Regular consumption with milk helps promote health and youthfulness, and also help build healthy body and bright skin.
7. High blood pressure – Because they have diuretic effect, apples are very good for lowering blood pressure. They cause increased secretion of urine, lowering blood volume and pressure. Apples also relieve the load on the kidneys by reducing supply of sodium to a minimal level.
8. Dental disorders – Dentists agree that regular consumption of apple will prevent tooth decay, as they possess a mouth cleansing property which no other fruit has. When taken after food, they provide same effect as tooth brushing in cleansing the teeth.
9. Cancer prevention – Apples are good in cancer prevention, especially colon cancer. It is said that apples alter the stools transit time through the colon. As a result, the carcinogens (cancer stimulating substances) in foods have less contact with the colon, therefore reducing the chance of getting cancer.
Content created and supplied by: OsamDanny (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More